Chapter 12

Taehyung remained silent as he watched the pink-haired physician tended to the traveller’s wounds

Taehyung remained silent as he watched the pink-haired physician tended to the traveller’s wounds. He sat off in the corner, his eyes focused on her unconscious face. She passed out moments after they arrived at the infirmary, worrying Taehyung further. It caused him a great deal of pain to see the young miss in such a weakened and hurt state. Colour was returning to her face, but it was unbearably slow. Out of habit, he nervously bit onto his fingernails waiting for the verdict to come from the doctor’s mouth.

Jimin continued to treat her wounds, struggling to keep the bleeding contained. The amount of cloth he was using to stop the bleeding was overwhelming, piles and piles of red stained rags littering the floor. Despite this, he kept his head in the game. After what felt like hours, he managed to help the blood clot before moving on to stitch her arrow wounds. The piercings were deep, the plausible source for the heavy bleeding.

With one final knot, he cut the surgical thread free from its needle. Ever so gently, he placed a bandage on her wounds to protect them from infection. A sigh of relief and many bloody clothes later, the pink haired man wiped his sweat off his forehead with his sleeve. He fell back into his chair, letting an exhausted breath exhale from his lungs.

“Your Highness, do you mind pulling the blanket over her? I must wash my hands,” the physician asked in a soft voice.

Without a speck of hesitation, the prince quickly walked over to the young female. He latched his fingers onto the blanket and covered her quickly. The man delicately stroked her soft cheek with the backs of his fingers, quietly apologizing to her.

The prince felt guilty that he was unable to protect the traveller unaware of his touch. Taehyung promised himself that he would keep her safe while she was inside his home, but he was unable to do so. Reese laid limply in the bed, and it scared the man that she wouldn’t wake up at all. He had only known her for a couple days, but he saw a heart of gold beating within her chest. He refused to forget when she treated him despite being injured herself.

To think, all of these feelings sit within his heart and he still doesn’t know her name.

The prince sighed softly, brushing a few strands of hair away from her face. In the corner of his eye, he caught something twinkle. Lifting his gaze, his eyes fell on a beautiful, yet delicately designed hairpin. The shape of the flower seemed simple, yet the jewels encrusted into the metal frame added finesse to the overall design. A small, but certainly not insignificant butterfly rested atop the flower, its wings spread out.

Taehyung palmed the hair accessory in his hand, admiring the sun-stricken sparkle.
“Jimin, is this hairpin hers?” the prince asked as soon as the man appeared in the room.
The pink headed man nodded.
“The nurses informed me of it, they found it in the inner material of her dress. I just set it aside,” he explained. “It seems precious to her.”

Taehyung hummed quietly, tracing the petals with his fingers. It definitely seemed like the hairpin was important to her.

“If the young miss wakes up, tell her that this hairpin is safe with me,” he announced, tucking the accessory into his clothing.

He didn’t want it to be taken by anyone with ill intentions. Keeping it close to his heart would keep it safe, just until she woke up.

Standing up, he strode towards the door but was stopped momentarily.

“Prince Taehyung, where are you going?” Jimin asked.

Taehyung’s mood shifted to one of anger.

“I have business to take care of.”