Chapter Six

"Really? These are the people you think will help?", Max asked. Neil nodded. In front of them stood three people, Nerris, Harrison, Preston and Tabii. Max frowned. "What do any of you know about dating?", Max asked. Tabii smiled, Max looked at her. "Not counting you, Tabii, I already know what you're cabable of.". Tabii looked at Neil. "I'm sure Neil knows plenty about romance.". Neil looked uncomfortable. Max glared at him. "Why did you invite her?". Neil sighed. "Becuase I knew the Flower Scouts probably knew way more about romance then us, and she was the only one willing to come.". Tabii giggled and blushed. Max frowned. A couple days after he met Aqua the Flower Scouts somehow managed to find out. They said it was gross and weird, and then tried to steal Aqua. They actually thought Aqua was adorable and wanted him to themselves, but they managed to get him back. "You're just here to steal Aqua, aren't you?". Tabii shook her head seriously. "Of coarse not! I mean I told Sasha and Erin I would but I lied. I want to make peace with you guys!". Max barely believed her, but shrugged.
Max turned to Nerris, Harrison and Preston. "And how are they supposed to help us?", he asked. Neil smiled. "Well actual they claim to know a lot about dating and charm.". Max looked at them skeptically. Nerris smiled confidently. "I am a skilled professional at potion making!", she said through her braces. Max rolled his eyes, unimpressed. Harrison smiled. "I know how to make anything appear out of nothing, including love.". Max sighed. Preston posed dramatically. "I-". "You don't need to explain, we already know.", Max interrupted. Preston frowned and stood up straight. Max turned to Neil. "You really are stupid, just leave me alone.". Neil sighed. "Max just give us a chance, please?". Max looked at all of them again and sighed. "Fine, what's the plan?". They all cheered.
Max looked down at himself. He grunted. "Do you even think this looks good?", he asked. Preston smiled. "Of coarse sweetie!". Max rolled his eyes. He was standing with his arms stuck out in a T shape. Preston was adjusting the straps on his black tuxedo. They had spent hours getting ready. Nerris and Harrison ran into the room. Harrison took off his hat and pulled out a bouquet of red roses. Max sighed. Harrison frowned. "Is it the color?". He stuffed it back in and pulled it back out, now it was sea green roses. Nerris smiled. "I have fixed the most bestest love potion!". "Bestest isn't a word.", Max said. Nerris ignored him and showed him a bottle of pink liquid. She pushed the sprayer and the air filled with the smell of dirt. Max coughed. "So by 'love potion' you mean dirt cologne?", he asked. Nerris nodded. "Nikki adores the smell of dirt!". Max sighed, he didn't think any of this was helping.
Neil walked into the room with a clipboard. It was his checklist. He stared down at it and smiled. "Okay so Gwen and David agreed to let us throw a ball tonight for-". "YOU DID WHAT!?", Max yelled. Neil looked at him. "I asked them if they would throw a ball for us, so you could ask Nikki.". Max sighed. "Why did I agree to this?". Neil smiled. "Its gonna be great! I've invited to whole camp!". "So like the Summer Social?". Neil thought about it. "Yeah, but a little more fancy.". Preston giggled. "I'm so excited, the Summer Social was so dull. This is gonna be great!". Max rolled his eyes. "Whatever, are you almost done?". Preston nodded and stepped back. "Ta-da! My masterpiece!". Max looked at himself. He looked good, but not like himself. He sighed and put his arms down. He grabbed his hoodie off the floor and tied it around his waist. Preston sighed, but was silent. Nerris sprayed him with the cologne and Harrison shoved the bouquet of flowers into his arms. Neil smiled at him.
Tabii burst through the door. "Okay, so I kept Nikki totally distracted this whole time. And the your scummy counselors or whatever are coming with the party supplies right now.". Max sighed. "Thanks, you guys.", he said even though he didn't genuinely mean it. Everyone smiled and said "You're welcome!". Tabii pushed Max out the door, "Now go get her tiger!". She closed the door behind her. Max stared at the sky, which was already it's dark nighttime color. He saw the whole camp by the dock, all dressed up fancy and nice. Max felt out of place, since he was the most dressed up of them all. He didn't see Nikki though.
He looked around and spotted Nikki hiding in a tree, with Aqua in her arms. He walked up to her. She smiled and jumped down. Max saw what she was wearing. A silk yellow sleeveless dress that went to her knees, black tights, black heeled boots, and he hair was in a ponytail. He stared, mesmerized. She smiled. "What's up Max! You must have really had to use the bathroom, you took FOREVER! What took you so long?". Max remembered that he told Nikki he had to use the bathroom when he left and blushed. "You know, its a boys thing.". Nikki laughed. "This ball is stupid, we just had a Summer Social a few weeks ago. They are really unoriginal.". Max awkwardly laughed.