Chapter Eight

Max stroked Aqua's fur. "Are you sure he's that bad?", Neil asked looking at Toshi. "He tried to kill me! Of coarse he's 'that bad'", Max said, annoyed. Neil sighed, he knew he was on thin ice with Max and was trying his best to get forgiven. Nikki smiled. "I'm gonna go talk to him!", she said. Max looked at her. "No you're not, he's too dangerous.", he said. Nikki rolled her eyes. "You are so protective! I can handle this!", she said and walked off. Max frowned, she was right, but he didn't want to lose her...
Nikki tapped Toshi's shoulder. He turned and smiled at her. She smiled back. They talked but Max couldn't hear it from across the room. Suddenly, Toshi grabbed Nikki's wrist and ran out of the mess hall with her. Max stood up and handed Aqua to Neil. "I swear if you lose him I'll kill you.", Max said and ran out the door, leaving Neil confused. Max looked around and spotted Nikki and Toshi on the dock. Max was about to run at them and drown Toshi, but then he noticed something. Toshi wasn't hurting Nikki, he was chatting with her. And she was chatting back. Max sighed, he felt a bit of jealousy grow in his chest as he walked back into the mess hall.
Nikki burst through the door, smiling. Max looked up at her, grateful that she was finally back. She sat down next to Max and held out her hands. Max handed Aqua to her. She sighed and stroked his fur. "So what took you and Toshi so long?". Nikki sighed happily. "I don't know what's going on in Max's head, Toshi's really kind.". Nikki stared dreamily at the wall. Max narrowed his eyes. "You like him don't you?". Nikki looked at him, slightly blushing. She looked confused. "I'm not sure.". "Yep. You got it bad for him.", Max said concerned. Nikki sighed. "Nah, crushes are weird and awkward, I think he's just my friend.". Max sighed. "Whatever you say.". Nikki smiled down at Aqua. He muacked. Nikki giggled. Max smiled, Nikki looked so cute when she giggled.
David burst through the door carrying a giant pitcher of juice. He set it on the table and smiled. Max stared at it. "What the heck is this?", he asked. David grinned. "Our friend Toshi made it for the whole camp.". Max stared at him. "DAVID. CAN YOU SERIOUSLY NOT SEE THE RESEMBLANCE BETWEEN TOSHI AND DANIEL?". David sighed. "Max just becuase they look alike doesn't mean-". Max sighed. "Whatever, we're not drinking it.". Nikki and Neil stared at him. "We're drinking it, it's just juice.", Nikki said. Max stared at her. She rolled her eyes. "Just becuase you two might not get along doesn't mean you have to ruin it for all of us.", she said. She grabbed a cup, filled it with juice and stomped across the room to sit at another table. Neil did the same. David looked uncomfortable and followed. Max looked at them. They were sitting with Toshi. He clenched his fists. "Fine then, two can play at that game.", he said. After a moment he heard rustling on the floor. He looked down to find Aqua. He picked him up. At least he was on Max's side.