Chapter Seventeen(END)

Nikki walked into the room, cradling Aqua in her arms. She was crying. Max looked up from his book at her. "What's wrong?". Nikki closed her eyes and cried harder. She walked over to the bed, her long green hair sweeping behind her. She sat on the bed and let Aqua out of her arms. Max stared at the little platypus, he and Nikki had been taking care of him since they were ten. They had been through so much. Aqua has been to their first date, graduation, wedding, honeymoon, the birth of their daughter. Aqua had always been there. They and been though so much adventures and storys in the last 9 years. And there laid the little platypus, shaking and quivering. "H-he's finally dying...", Nikki whispered. Max gasped and picked up Aqua. "What!?". Nikki sighed. "Its just his time Max...". Max felt tears roll down his face. He looked down at Aqua, who was staring up at him. "Aqua?". The platypus smiled and muacked. Max laughed. He heard his daughter yawn in her crib across the room, oblivious to what was happening. Nikki held out her hands and Max put his in hers. They held Aqua together. Max knew that this would eventually happen, but he still wasn't prepared for it. Aqua quivered and let a squeaky muack out. He looked at Nikki and nudged her wrist. She smiled and closed her eyes. Aqua turned to Max and smiled. Max silently hoped Aqua would live, nine years didn't seem like nearly enough time with him. But Aqua trembled, gave Max a little nudge, muacked one last time and closed his eyes. "B-bye Aquatapus...", Max whispered. He felt the creatures breathing slow to a stop and he knew he was dead. Max cried harder. Nikki smiled her tears. "I'm gonna miss him...", she said. Max nodded. Aqua had done so much for them, brought them together and gave everyone happiness, Max couldn't believe he was gone. They set him down on the sheets and sighed. Max didn't know what to say. "We should bury him at camp.", he said. Nikki nodded.
Max got out of the car. It was pitch black dark. He was cradling Aquas small body in his arms. Nikki followed him, holding their sleeping daughter. They walked into the camp, which was completely empty. David and Gwen must've been asleep along the other campers. They walked across the camp until they reached the bay. Max got on his knees and dug a deep hole in the sand with his hand. Nikki sat down next to him as he set Aqua in the hole. Nikki took out his bandana and sighed. She took off the little button and set it in the grave, putting the bandana back in her pocket. Max knew she couldn't let go of all of him either. Nikki took her hand and buried Aqua in the sand and patted it down. Max found a stone and she it on the pile. He took out his pocket knife and carved into the rock "Here lies Aquatapus" and threw the knife in the sand. "I'm gonna miss you buddy.", he said almost crying. Nikki sighed and rested her head on Max's shoulder. Max sighed and let out a tear. "Bye Aqua...".