Chapter Sixteen

Toshi sighed. "Please leave, me and my sister are dangerous serial killers, and we're never gonna change.". Max looked at him. "No I'm not letting you two kill yourselves, you don't deserve this.". Umbra walked to her brother, who had finished packing. She turned to Max. "Sorry, but you can't stop us.", she said. Max shook his head and spread out his arms, blocking the door. Umbra sighed.
"Just leave! Spare yourselves!", she yelled. Max shook his head. "No, you guys don't have to be like this.". Nikki peeked from behind Max. "I forgive you, Toshi.", she said calmly. Toshi stared at her, then shook his head. "No, you guys dont understand...". "Well do you mind explaining it then?", Max asked. Toshi looked at him. "We're gonna go home empty handed and our parents are gonna actually kill us, that's all you need to know.", he said. Max sighed. "I'm not letting you two die, just stay here at camp.". Umbra sighed. "Why do you care, you hate us.". Max shrugged. "Its not your fault you're insane. And plus, everyone deserves a second chance. I don't know where I'd be if this camp gave up on me.". "You'd probably be smoking drugs.". "Shut up Neil.".
Toshi sighed. "Where are we supposed to go after summers over then?", he asked. Max thought about it. "I'm sure David will let you stay year round, give him another reason to live at camp full time.". Toshi thought a moment. "Fine, I'll stay.". Umbra sighed. "Sure, why not. Better then dying.". Max put his arms down and smiled. "Thanks", he said. Toshi smiled. "No problem.".