Chapter Thirteen

They turned around. Neil was standing there, covered in bruises, staring at them. Nikki jumped up and hugged Neil. "I missed you too!", she said. Neil smiled and stroked her wings. Gwen handed Aqua to Max and walked away. Nikki broke away and smiled. "I DIED AND I WENT TO THE AFTERLIFE AND IT WAS AWESOME AND THEN I CAME BACK!". Neil laughed nervously. He looked at Max. "We have to get her body back.", he said. Max nodded. "We haven't figured out how yet. What happened to you?", he asked. Neil looked down at himself. "Oh, I tried to beat up Toshi, but he was stronger.". Max smiled. He patted Neil's back. "Thanks, Neil, you're a good friend.". Neil smiled. "So you finally forgive me?". Max nodded. Neil looked happy. Nikki flew towards them and giggled.
"Hey Max! Wanna go to the lake and watch Aqua swim?", she said. Max nodded. They waved goodbye to Neil and walked to the lake. They sat down and let Aqua paddle around in the water. Nikki smiled. "So what's...um, being dead like?", Max asked. Nikki looked at him. "Pretty fun, but it's also kinda bad. I can't breath, eat, sleep, or feel pain. Which feels weird. But I can fly so that's cool. And the afterlife was so cool! But I prefer it down here.", she said. Max smiled. "I hope we figure out how to get your body back soon.". Nikki nodded and stretched her big wings.
Aqua muacked happily, they laughed. Nikki sighed. "So, how long was I out?", she asked. Max sighed. "About half and hour, why?". Nikki shrugged. "I don't know, to me it felt like hours, maybe times different up there though.". Max nodded. Nikki smiled. "Did you miss me?", she asked even she very well knew the answer. Max smiled and nodded. Nikki laughed. "Yeah I could tell...". Max sighed. "You should've seen Aqua when you were dead, he was so upset.". Nikki laughed. "I know, I watched you guys for a minute before leaving.". Max blushed and nodded. Nikki giggled. She flapped her wings.
Max smiled, he felt like he should compliment her or something. I mean, she was a literal angel. Max blushed. "You look really pretty.", he stuttered. Nikki looked at him and blushed. "Thanks.". Max nodded and looked away. Nikki laughed nervously. Max smiled. Nikki stood up and jumped into the water. Max, startled, looked around for her. She was floating around, her dress flowing in the murky water. Max laughed. Nikki laughed along and flew up. She shook off all the water and flew down to the shore. They laughed. Nikki snorted. Max stared at her. "Did you just snort?", he asked. Nikki blushed and nodded. They laughed harder.