Chapter Twelve

"Umm, guys?", Nikki said. Everybody looked at her and gasped. Her hair was in a braid and she was wearing a long white dress, a gold halo above her head, and she had sprouted white wings. She looked uncomfortable. "Oh no...", Jasper said. "What's happening to her?", Max asked. Jasper sighed. "Nikki has been dead long enough to visit the afterlife, this is what angels wear, and since she is supposed to be there and not here, she is turning into her true form.". Nikki sighed. "Why did it have to be a dress!", she whined. Then she realized something and beamed. She jumped up and flew around. "NEVERMIND!", she yelled. Max sighed. "This is too much for me, let's just get this over with before she gets another supernatural ability.", he said. Jasper laughed. "Okay, now lets...". Max stared at him. "You don't have a plan, do you?". Jasper sighed. "No, I was counting on the bat working completely, but I don't think that's gonna happen.". Nikki ran into a tree and fell to the floor. She smiled. "I'm okay!".
Max sighed. "Just fix her...", he said. Jasper nodded. "Right, let's see...", he muttered. He thought a moment then snapped his non-existent fingers. "I got it! Wait no...". Be continued to think then sighed. "I have no idea.". Max sighed. "You have got to be kidding me.", he said. Gwen looked at him. "Actually, it's getting dark. Maybe we should try tomorrow?". Max glared at her, then looked at Jasper. "There won't be a tomorrow, thanks for trying Jasper but we'll handle the rest by ourselves.". Jasper sighed and nodded. "Okay, see you folks!". And with that he disappeared into the trees. Max sighed. Nikki flew down to him and smiled. "THIS IS SO COOL!", she said then looked confused. "Wait how'd I die again?".
Nikki flew around and smiled. They had made it to the shore of Camp Campbell, Max had just got done explaining to Nikki how she died. Nikki flew to Max and hugged him. Her touch made Max feel warm and cold at the same time. She smiled. "I missed you!", she said. Max blushed and patted her back. "Missed you too.". Nikki looked up at Max's face. "I know you've been crying.". Max blushed even harder. Nikki laughed. "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?", a voice yelled.