Chapter Fourteen

Nikki tapped Max's shoulder. It had been three days since she died, and Max still hasn't found a cure yet. But everybody at camp seemed to be used to her new form, except Toshi. He had been a little shaken lately. He had lost his chill manors and now was silent and startled most of the time. Max wanted him to be kicked out, or killed, but David wouldn't allow it. Aqua seemed pretty happy lately.
Max looked at her and blushed. He still was getting used to seeing her like this. I mean she literally looked perfect. Her scratchs and bandaids had all disappeared, everything about her just seemed polished. She didn't seem to really care though. Nikki smiled. "I have something to show you.", she said. Max nodded and handed Aqua, who he was holding, over to Neil. Nikki grabbed Max's wrist and ran. Max felt his feet leave the ground and the camp getting smaller and smaller below him. He yelped. Nikki laughed. "WHY ARE WE UP HERE!?", Max screamed and curled up. Nikki laughed again, but was silent. She continued to go up until they were above the clouds. Nikki then, dropped Max. Max screamed, but landed safely on the fluffy clouds. Nikki fell back onto them and laughed. Max took a deep breath. "Why am I not dead?", he asked.
Nikki smiled. "Becuase I'm here and I'm using my cool superpowers to keep you up!". Max rolled his eyes and laughed. Nikki laughed back. Max stared at her. "So why are we up here?", he asked. Nikki smiled again and pointed into the distance. Max looked and gasped. It was sunset, but it felt so close Max could touch it. He stared at it. Nikki giggled. "I was up here the other day and saw it, so I thought I'd show you.".  Max smiled and looked back at her. He stood up and wobbled on the bouncy surface of the clouds. Nikki stood up and smiled. "Wanna build a cloud fort?", she asked. Max nodded.
They ran around scooping armfulls of clouds into their arms. They piled them up and then started to build. After a few minutes, they had built a huge fort out of clouds. They laughed. Nikki jumped up and landed on it, causing it to completely disintegrate. Max laughed and fell back. They laid there, laughing.
Max sat up and stared at Nikki. She smiled at him and blushed. "What are you looking at?", she asked and sat up. Max blushed and made a decision. He couldn't keep his crush a secret forever, he had to tell her. He smiled. "You, obviously.". Nikki laughed. Max sighed. "Can I tell you something?", he asked. Nikki nodded. Max took a deep breath. Should he say a clever pickup line, or something romantic? "I like you, not as a friend.", he said. Nikki blushed. She looked down at her sandals. "Really?", she asked. Max nodded. Nikki smiled. "Same.". Max blushed. Nikki looked at him. "Ever since I died, I realized that you actually care about me, and I appreciate that.", she said. Max smiled. "Who are you and what have you done with my immature childish Nikki?". They laughed.
Nikki smiled at him. She sighed, leaned over and pecked Max's cheek. Max yelped and blushed. Nikki smiled. Max looked at her. "Two can play at that game!", he said. Nikki laughed Max leaned over and kissed her. He quickly pulled away and grabbed his lips, which were burning. He stared at her. She had turned into a blinding white silhouette, he could feel the heat radiation burning off her. He closed his eyes, confused. After a moment the light went away. He opened his eyes.
Sitting there was Nikki, human Nikki. She had no wings, halo, or dress. She was just normal Nikki, with her overalls and bandaids. Nikki looked at herself and laughed. She touched her arms and smiled. "IM ALIVE!", she yelled happily. Max smiled, which quickly faded. "Nikki wait-". Suddenly, they dropped through the clouds. They started to fall fast, was the camp got closer and closer. Max looked at Nikki, she was screaming happily. He sighed, of coarse she was happy about falling at top speed. He looked around, he had to find somewhere safe to land, or they would both be dead in a matter of seconds.