Painted to say yes (chapter 19)

Mark's POV~

The next morning, after we send Marshal to Summer camp scouts, we head to the hardware store to try and find a good, new color for the house.
A few random teenagers recognize me and try to convince their dad to follow me around the store but he just looks at them.

"Let the man have his peace. He probably already has enough on his mind besides you two fangirling over him." He responds to their eager begging.

They pout and go on their way, leaving me to laugh as I put my hoodie's hood up and continue walking with Jack.

"Mark, what's so funny?" He asks as he looks at another color sample paper that has different shades of turquoise.
"Teenagers." I chuckle and lean on the cart.
"What about them?" He asks, turning back to me and setting some color samples in the cart.
"Two just tried to follow me around."

He raises a brow.

"Who do I need to threaten?"
"No one Clover. Their dad stopped them." I chuckle and kiss his cheek.

He giggles but then starts to pout.

"I can't see your handsome face." He whines.

I smirk and shake my head.

"If you can't see it then I'm safe from fans." I chuckle.
"But what about me?" He whines more.
"You get to see me all week Clover."
"But I wanna see you now Marky."

I chuckle and kiss him.

"I think we're sticking to a cream color. It matches your chin and belly." I smirk at him.

He nods shyly, a bit dazed.
I chuckle and kiss his cheek.

"Which cream color do you wanna paint?" I ask, bringing him out of his little daze.

He looks for a little while until he shows me one that'll almost exactly match his stomach fur.
I chuckle and kiss his cheek again.

"Okay. Let's go find someone to help us."

He nods and we head to get the paints.

~TimeSkipl~

As soon as we got home, we lugged all the paints in and started to lay out the plastic sheets on the floors and furniture all over the house.
We started with the bedrooms but left Marshal's for when he gets home in a few weeks.
We get done with the rooms at about 6:30 and move on to the living room.
We spent two days straight with no sleep, painting. It was fun and but exhausting. So, now that we're done, we're going to relax for a few days in a hotel while the walls dry.
Once in the hotel room Jack flops on the bed and let's out a long sigh.
I sigh, getting nervous.
A couple weeks ago I went to a jewelry store and found a beautiful ring.

But, uh, I have no idea if it's the right time

I want so badly to call him my husband that I'm afraid I'm going too fast and that it'll end up hurting him. Or me.

"Mark. What are you staring at?" Jack giggles  breaking me out of my thoughts.
"I-I was staring off i-into space." I studder.

He frowns and gets up.

"Mark, what's wrong? You acting like you did when you were confessing you liked me. All sheepish and small. That's not like you at all." He says, putting my hood down and caressing my cheeks with his paws.

I sigh and lean my head into the one on my right cheek.

"I'm just trying to think through something." I say, my eyes closed.

He whines and pushes his body against me to try and reassure me.

"Jack I-... I need to do this." I say, opening my eyes a bit as I feel the weight in my pocket seem to become heavier.
"Mark what is it?" He asks, worried as I take his hands off my cheeks and push him a few feet away from me.

I gulp and get down on one knee.
I take out the box and I feel like my entire body wants to pancake onto the floor.

"Jack, I've wanted to ask you this question for so long. I've wait for what feels like an eternity to be given the chance to love you the right way. And I know it's only been a year and a couple months, but I want to share my name with you. I don't care if you choose to wait until we're old as rocks to finally tie the knot, but I want to know, will you marry me?" I say, opening the box.

*And I'm stopping it there. Ya'll can kill me next chapter. See all you lovely masturbation nekos in the next chapter!!*