Chapter 33

You know you love me........ *wiggle eyebrows* now I demand to have my phone spammed with votes and comments!!!!!!!

JAWAHIR

The car ride was mostly quiet, but then Aunty dearest started speaking on somethings I do not wish to dwell on.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Aayan clenching his jaw. He inserted a CD plate and Abdullahi Abba's voice flowed effortlessly throughout the car. That did shut up the duo thankfully. They do have the sense to not chatter when a Quranic recitation is playing.

After few minutes, Aayan was finally killing the engine and we all alighted the car.

"Dan'kari!!" I think I do not have to mention who said that. "Ji wannan makeken gidan, Allah kaidai yasan kudin da aka zubda, aka wula'kanta wurin gina gidan nan; see this humongous house, only God knows the amount of money that was wasted while building this."

"Wannan gidan ai yafi karfin mace daya, wannan kwatakwata ba gidan mace daya bane. Yo wai mema zata yi da dankareren gidanan." Aunty Hassatu continued her useless and annoying chatter.

"You good?" Aayan enquired. Since we were ahead of them, as they were busy gawking at the house, suna topa albarkacin bakin su, they couldn't hear us.

"Yeah I guess." I looked at him.

"You think you'll be able to handle them?" He used his keys and pushed the doors open.

"We'll just have to wait and see." I sighed.

The mother daughter duo walked in, with a guard dragging their huge suitcase. Their eyes roamed round the whole living room in one go.

The guard left the suitcase and nodded respectfully before walking out.

"Welcome.." I trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

"Show us our room." Aunty demanded.

"Right, this way." I led them as Aayan dragged the suitcase. I led them to one of the guests room downstairs. Thank god I had it cleaned recently if not I wouldn't know what to do. The room has a queen sized bed, a wardrobe, a vanity table and a joined bathroom. The color is pretty much neutral.

Aayan left the suitcase beside the bed and stood beside me.

"Do you need anything?" I nervously asked, this is the first time I'm having guests over to stay overnight, if you remove the time my siblings stayed for the holiday but with them I was wayyyyy more comfortable obvi, they are my younger siblings. But this, this is different, not only are they my in laws—they also don't like me which is pretty much obvious— so I have to try really hard and put on my good hostess pants.

"No." Aunt hissed with a roll her eyes.

"Good night then." I smiled a bit.

"Good night." Aayan nodded.

"Night Aayan." Aunt smiled softly at him. Oh look! she smiles.