Jumpscares

I was in the bar helping Sir Meliodas clean up. I glanced over at him to see him quickly look away from me.
"Sir Meliodas, is something wrong?" I asked worriedly.
"Nope! What makes you ask that?" He replied. How could he act as if he wasn't even looking at me?
"Oh, nothing." I said and went back to wiping tables.
Diane and King barged in. Those two always seemed to be together nowadays. Diane was in her small form.
"Captain! Let's cancel the plans to open up the Boar Hat tonight and play games and stuff!" Diane said.
"Hm, that's not a bad idea. Besides, we're open almost everyday! I guess one day won't kill us. Alright!" Sir Meliodas said. King and Diane cheered with a loud "yay!".
Ban came down the stairs.
"What's with all this yelling? I'm trying to get some sleep up there!" He yawned.
"Sorry, Sir Ban!" I said.
"You don't have to apologize to him, Elizabeth." Sir Meliodas chuckled. "He's just hungover, like always." He hit the back of Ban's head.

-Time Skip (nighttime)-
The sins and I were downstairs in the tavern in our pajamas.
"Let's watch a movie before we play games!" Diane said while giggling with King. What were those two up to? They always seemed to be conspiring about something but no one really knew what it was.
We sat down in front of the tv that Sir Meliodas brought down from his room. It was a big tv, but i'm not surprised he was able to carry it down all those stairs by himself.
I sat next to him and he smiled at me, so I smiled back. King and Diane sat next to each other, Escanor and Merlin sat beside each other and Ban was just getting drunk again.

"Hm, what movie should we watch?" Sir Meliodas said.
"Ooh!! I heard there was a new horror movie that came out, it's based on the commandments! It's called 'The Demon King's Knights'" Diane replied.
They searched for the film, and eventually found it.
A jumpscare showed up and I instinctively buried my face into Sir Meliodas' chest and covered my eyes. I felt him pat my head and looked up. He gave me that signature grin of his and told me,
"There, there Elizabeth. I'll protect you!" which made me blush.

-
yikes sorry for not being as active i've been busy.