Mishap in Liones.

(this chapter will be a little different than the others)

"Meliodas-," The silver-haired princess whispered as she lay in the demon's arms.
"I don't- I don't feel so well." She spoke before fainting.
Meliodas just cried, unable to hold his tears back any longer. He couldn't protect her like he had promised time and time again.

The princess had suffered a serious blow to the head, causing her all this pain.

'But how did this happen?' you might be wondering.

—————————————————

"Meliodas, look!" Elizabeth exclaimed, pointing to a stuffed animal. It was a pig.
"How adorable!" She smiled.

The Sins were all at the festival. Each of them split up to do their own things. After all, they had nothing to do. They had already saved Liones twice. And nothing more was happening today.

The two walked around, shared cotton candy, and held hands the entire time. It was obvious they were in love with each other.

"Hey, I have an idea. You up to it?" Meliodas looked at her.
"Huh? Sure!" She smiled.

The Dragon Sin then scooped the princess up into his arms, bridal style, and hopped onto the very top of the Liones castle.

"W-what are we doing up here?" Elizabeth asked nervously. She was afraid of heights.

"Stargazing! Don't worry, I won't let you fall." He said, sitting them both down and clinging his arm around her waist.

Elizabeth looked at him for a few seconds before smiling and placing a kiss on his cheek, immediately blushing after realizing what she just did.

"I-I'm sorry!" She exclaimed.
Meliodas chuckled.
"It's okay, Elizabeth." He said before doing the same.

The two watched the stars for a while, enjoying each other's company.

Meliodas felt a presence behind them. But before he could address it, Elizabeth was hit on the head by something metal. Most likely some sort of weapon.

"No!" He yelled, picking her up and jumping back down to the ground.

"Hold on, Elizabeth. I'll be back." He set her down gently and went to find whoever hurt the love of his life.

"You." He said in a serious tone.
It was Estarossa.
"I thought I killed you! Bastard!"
"You stole her from me! Elizabeth was mine. No, she is mine! I'll kill everyone, I will! You're all keeping her away from me!"

Suddenly, a dark power emanated from him, destroying everything around him.

Meliodas quickly jumped down to shield Elizabeth from further harm.
Luckily, the sins all got together just in time to finish Estarossa off for good.

Meliodas cradled Elizabeth in his arms and cried before watching his best friend, his lover, his whole world crumble into nothingness.

She fainted.

-
this is cringy uh. um anyways i have a good idea for the ending of the book but i have to figure something out for the other chapters