35. Tell him

Author's pov :

"Dissociative identity disorder, isn't a chemical imbalance. Medications, including antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and antianxiety medications are commonly prescribed to people with DID. Yet, these medications are used to treat secondary DID symptoms and comorbid conditions, not the DID itself. Dissociative identity disorder can't be cured. Which means you still have DID, the only thing that changed is that you're starting to learn how to deal with things on your own without having the personalities to show up. You're learning how to be a functional multiple. With therapy and time, it will be easier to manage. They're still there, they just won't show up too often."

That's what the psychologist said.

Taehyung strangely felt a slight relief knowing the personalities haven't completely faded away.

The class room door suddenly opened. Taehyung looked at the raven haired boy stepping inside and closing the door behind him.

"I'm sorry, I'm late." Jungkook said as he looked at the teacher, waiting for a sign or an answer to go to his seat.

"This is the first and last time I'm letting you in." The teacher seemed to be in a good mood, otherwise she would've never allowed him into her class.

Jungkook walked towards his seat, stealing a glance at Taehyung who was already staring back at him.

Taehyung blushed madly and quickly looked the other way.

Every time he saw Jungkook, he felt butterflies flying around his stomach. As each day passes by, he fell deeper in love with the younger and he didn't even know when or how to confess his love. Afraid to be rejected.

There was nothing in Taehyung's way, his mother was there to support him, all of the other personalities loved and accepted Jungkook and the opinions of other people didn't really bother Taehyung anymore. The only thing that's holding Taehyung back from confessing his love to Jungkook were his own thoughts.

Jungkook gave him so many signs, but what if Taehyung was just over thinking things? What if Jungkook liked Taehyung in a brotherly way? What if all the things Jungkook did for Taehyung was just to be friendly? Taehyung was thinking too much, which stopped him from confessing, even when he wanted to tell the younger so bad.

As the teacher continued her lesson, Taehyung saw Jungkook stealing glances at him through the corner of his eye.

Taehyung looked back at Jungkook which made the younger smile shyly, blush and look away.

Taehyung smiled and looked out of the window. While being in his own little world, Taehyung startled when the teacher mentioned his name.

"Kim Taehyung, which device do we use to look at the stars?" The teacher asked.

Taehyung wasn't paying attention at all. Even if he knew the answer, the sudden question and the stares made him feel like he forgot how to talk, the words just didn't want to come out.

Jungkook noticed how uncomfortable and nervous Taehyung looked and couldn't help but feel worried.

Everyone looked over their shoulders at Taehyung. The brunette felt so uncomfortable. At that moment, all he wanted to do was to walk out of the classroom, no, run out of the classroom.

He thought he finally could deal with things on his own, but he thought wrong. Because at that very moment, he realised how much he needed one of the personalities to take over and help him out of it, he realised that he never should've prayed and hoped for the personalities to stop showing up.