Chapter 7

"the worst feeling is not knowing
if i should wait or give up."

•••

(still annies pov)

jo: hey, you ready?
a: yeah, let me just go get my bag. come in
he smiled and walked in. he followed me to the kitchen where i was eating.
a: want anything?
jo: oh no thanks. nice house.
a: it's...something.
jo: better than nothing
a: that's for sure *laughs*
jo: *laughs*
a: well let me get my bag and we can head out
i smiled as i left to my room to get my bag.

johnny's pov

as i was waiting for annie to get her bag, i couldn't help but notice this picture that was hung up on the wall next to the hallway to the front door. i went over to look at it closer and was two little girls, a little boy, a mother, and a father. this was annies family. her sister, her brother, and her mother who...passed away...this picture wasn't a set up picture where they are all sitting down smiling all close together. it was a family who was enjoying their life together, nothing fake.

a: ready?
i looked over at her
jo: yup!

we headed to school and on the way there, i kept having this feeling in me that i don't know what it is...it was like this happiness i've never felt before.

a: johnny? johnnyyyy? johnny!
jo: huh? what?
a: you zoned out you dork! *laughs*
jo: oops! sorry! *laughs*
a: we're here, thanks for walking to school with me
jo: wow, wow, wow, where are you going?
a: to my regular life at school?
jo: let's hang out all today!
a: that'll just drop your popularity down from a 100 to a 0
jo: i don't care about my popularity! i'd rather spend the whole YEAR with you than being popular!
a: really? *smiles*
jo: really *smiles* now c'mon, i'll walk you to your locker!
i grabbed her hand and we walked into school. as we walked in everyone stared at us and at a point while walking i totally forgot i was holding her hand but she didn't seem to mind it. we arrived at her locker and just talked like no one was around.

hayden's pov:

i was talking with carson and jayden at our lockers when i noticed everyone turned their heads to the front door. i looked over and saw annie and johnny...holding hands? are they dating? since when? what is happening?!

c: yo hayden? haydennn? hayden!!
h: what?
j: what are you looking at? *turns around and sees annie and johnny*
j: don't tell me you like her plus they probably aren't even dating and YOU have a girlfriend!
h: i don't...never mind. look, i met her and she's really kind. i just don't want annie to be apart of johnny's hook-up book.
j: if she does end up in that book, i'll break his face. i know her and so does carson. we have her in math class at our table and she's really sweet to us. she actually showed us how to solve the math problems better than the teacher! i'd hate to ever see her messed up like the others girls. after johnny's destroys her heart.
c: yeah! i'ma be sure to talk to johnny about this whole situation. you know, to figure out everything.
l: talk to my brother about what babe?
c: good morning laur *kisses her* we were talking about johnny and annie. they came in holding hands and hayden's all—
k: hayden's all what?
h: heyyyy kenzieeeee
k: what were you going to say cars—
i kisses her so she didn't finish her sentence. i knew what she was going to say.
h: you aren't even going to say hello?
k: i'm sorry, hi babe *laughs*
l: we'll talk about that later cars
c: okay, but anyways. hayden you ready for the game tomorrow?
h: nervous
c: of what?
h: i don't know, just a feeling i guess
k: you'll do amazing babe! i'll be there cheering you on the whole game!
she smiled
h: you're one of a kind
i hugged her as the bell rang and we all headed to class.

annie's pov:

johnny is a really sweet and kind guy, he's amazing. we've been hanging out lately and i have this feeling that i'm not sure what it is... anyways it's 4th math class and we are just doing a worksheet since we have a sub today.
(co: connor | j: jayden | c: carson | a: annie)

c: so annie...
a: want to copy?
c: no, no it's not that
a: oh my, i'm sorry!
c: haha, it's fine! i was wondering, are you and johnny dating?
a: no we aren't, we are just good friends.
j: i bet he likes you annie
i felt my face turn pink, almost red
a: no, no...i don't think so
j: mhmm! well, you should hang out with us during lunch! we could get to know each other and be friends!
a: only if you all don't mind
co: no we don't and i'm sure everyone else won't either, especially johnny!
a: oh jeez, well if it's fine with all of you then sure, thank you!
j: no problem! and annie?
a: yea?
j: cute outfit!
a: *laughs* thanks jayden
j: haha no problem! now could you please help a girl out with these math problems? *laughs*
c: and us!
a: *laughs* sure
i taught them how to do the math problems and they slow understood it but they ended up getting the hang of it. we talked and laughed, they were really cool and let's not forget they're popular! me, a nerd, talking and laughing with popular kids!!! ahh!!
the bell rang and it was now time for lunch!

j: c'mon annie! let's go get lunch!
c: wait for us!
co: yea c'mon guys wait!
i laughed and we headed to the cafeteria talking and getting to know each other more. then suddenly someone wrapped their arms around my waist.

j: hey
a: john?
j: yup!
he let's go and the other look at us
j: not yet
he looked at me and smiled and i smiled back. we got our food and sat at where i guess they usually sit then the girl who i met at the bathroom after i was crying came over

l: hey guys!
everyone: hey
l: annie! nice to see you again girly!
i smiled at her and she went over to carson and gave him a kiss. i'm guessing they are dating?

j: annie will hopefully continue to sit with us! she's so funny and cool!
l: i'm fine with her staying!
everyone else agreed and then we continued talking and getting to know everything about them and them knowing bits about me. then all i heard was "hey kenz!" from jayden. i looked behind me (i was sitting next to johnny) and she was with...

•••

i was planning on making this chapter even longer but i have an essay due tomorrow! wish me luck! let me know how you're liking this series so far! 💘