Chapter 19

"i wasn't ready for when you left,
but that wasn't really my choice,
and all i could say was 'okay'."

↞ ♡ ↠

"fuck it..."
he whispered as he crashed his lips onto mine. we kissed in sync. it was like magic, one of those scenes from a sappy romance movie, a dream. johnny. orlando. the boy everyone wants, the dream boy kissing me, someone who isn't even worth a dime. i pull away as we looked at each other's eyes once again. i needed a moment to process what was happening. a few seconds later, i reconnected our lips.

the storm got worse and worse, the power still out, no one was able to leave their houses, and i was still here, at johnny's. we slept the whole night on the couch after our mini makeup session. more like my first ever. i honestly would've never thought i'd have my first kiss with the popular football player. i woke up in the morning, early than johnny. i made him some breakfast, put on my shoes, grabbed everything i had and opened the down. i had to get to my house. i felt like i'm too much of a bother so i had to leave plus i didn't want him to worry about me and i need to do some other stuff too. i left him a note letting him know i was going home then left. it was raining really hard. i ran home, being careful on where and how i stepped. the grow was like a lake, the streets filled with water, and the sky as dark as it could be. it felt like every second that passed, the water was hitting me harder and harder. that's when i realized our kiss was a mistake. at the point, it felt so right but now...now i know for sure. i was so close to my house but i had to go, i had to do something. i turned around and ran, i ran so fast. the fastest i've ever ran before.
after spirting for what it seemed to be forever, i finally arrived. i went up the street, to the floor he was on, and then the room number. once i got there, i knocked. i knocked until he finally opened the door.
"annie? what's up? what happened to your neck?"
"hayden i'm here to tell you thats it's always been y—"
then there was another voice, more of a female.
"hayden who's at the door?"
she came over closer to the door where i could see her face. hayden cleared his throat before he spoke.
"tegan this is annie, annie this is tegan..."
"hi nice to meet you annie! oh my gosh what happened to your neck!"
"um nothing, im fine. nice to meet you too..."
"i'll get back to you in a sec"
he looks at tegan as she gives a small smile and leaves. then he closes the door behind him.
"so what's up?"
"w-who is she?"
"we've been working on a project for school, more like english class."
"oh..."
"looks like your back to your old self"
"yeah..."
i look around trying not to make eye contact.
"what?"
"never mind...this was a mistake"
i started to walk away but he caught my hand
"hey hey hey, slow down. what's wrong?"
"it doesn't matter anymore, you moved on"
"what? look at me anns"
i turned and looked at him with watery eyes and finally spoke.
"i chose you"
it was silent.
"it's always been you hay"
i kissed him, that was when i got the feeling. the feelings that i should've realized was different and better than anyone else. this feeling should've been for my first kiss. this kiss should've been my first. not johnny's. hayden summerall. the boy i knew from the start. the one who was always there for me through everything, the one who i always pushed away but he kept fighting for me. he never gave up on me. i changed for him.
⑅ ⑅ ⑅

seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks have passed. everything change for the good and bad. happy and sad times. a roller coaster of a month i may say. let me give you a quick run down before anything then i'll get into full detail with the events that occur this past month.
johnny and i...well, i'll say we are in good terms just not talking ones i guess. i talked to him about a week after the kiss with hayden happened and i'm going to take a wild guess and say he is pretty sad about it. hopefully, i get my best guy friend back soon.
hayden and i decided we should get to know each other more before anything more happens. he's made me so happy. he's just so...amazing.
my father has been out of the house lately, leaving some 'before i leave' gifts which aren't really gifts, more like one step closer to almost ending up at the hospital then dying situation. it keeps on getting worse and worse.
school. i'm getting me grades up, they are almost like i used to have them. a month left and school done, sophomore year is over then comes the summer...
i'm still a part of the gang i guess. as much as they are bad kids, they are pretty cool people so i decided to stay just not doing stuff i used to always do. hayden also doesn't know about me still being apart of it since i know he'll try to get me out of it. i'm fine for now. asher is pretty mad about the fact everyone in the group prefers me as leader than him so he's tried to stab me here and then but i'll explain that into further detail later on.
my friends? well i guess you'll just have to wait and figure that out later on this roller coaster i call a month.

↞ ♡ ↠

sorry for this really bad chapter, i kinda rushed it since i haven't post in a very long time (even though it didn't hit 7 votes yet i still decided it was time to post) yes, i am still very much alive. i'll definitely post another long chapter this weekend or maybe even tomorrow so yeah! 😎💗