Chapter 23

"i don't want to say goodbye...
but i have to...i love you"

↞ ♡ ↠

4 years later
(sophomores in college)
september 24, 2023

hayden's pov
________________________________

grief. that's all i'm doing. people around me telling me everything is going to be okay, that i'll "move on." but i can't. i can't...and i don't think i'll ever be able to...

the pain. the suffering. what i'm i suppose to do now? pretend like nothing happened? move on like if my life is going to get better? or maybe even just forget? well i can't. and no one seems to understand that.

can't they see what i'm going through? can't they see i'm not going to be happy again?

it hurts like hell.
_______________________________

september 20, 2023
96 hours before

annie's pov

"hayden hurry up already!" i yelled
"i'm coming i'm coming!"
"isn't this suppose to be the other way around? where i'm suppose to take hours on getting ready and you're the one telling me to hurry up for this date?"
i could hear him laugh from where i was, downstairs. his laugh always made me smile.
"okay i'm ready n—wow."
he looked at me as he made his way down the stairs of his apartment.
"what?" i smiled
"you look"
he came closer to me
"absolutely stunning"

"i thought i could spoil myself with the money i've been saving for a fancy dress for our 4 year anniversary" i giggled as i placed my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist "i am so lucky to have a beautiful girlfriend

i giggled as i placed my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist
"i am so lucky to have a beautiful girlfriend."
"and i'm so lucky to have a handsome goofball of a boyfriend"
"you are honestly, one of the best things that has ever happened. and that's why today is going to be a special day. also, did i already tell you that you look gorgeous as heck?"
he smiled as i turned my head, blushing.
"you know, it's nice to know i still have the ability to make you blush as hard as you are now."
he said turning my head back facing him. then, he kissed me, breaking it off a few seconds later to say something.
"oh how i love you so much"
"i love you too, my goofball"
"now, shall we head to this amazing night ahead of us?"
he put out his hand out in a fancy way and we both laughed.
"we shall"
i bowed and placed my hand in his, heading out on our date.

we went into the car, listening to our favorite songs and rocking out to them. tame impala, khalid, panic at the disco, the beatles, a little bit of a boogie wit da hoodie, some good tlc, and kacey musgraves.

hayden ended up pulling up to the schools parking lot.

"the schools parking lot? what are we-"
then i saw the tree. the tree i sat under everyday. it had fairy lights, a blanket, and a basket. it was honestly so cute.