Happier

READ UNTIL YOU CAN'T SCROLL DOWN TO FINISH COMPLETELY

Inspired by Ed Sheeran's song Happier, which I was listening to while writing this💕 I changed and took out some lyrics, because the ending isn't very happy at all (this is what happens when I'm in a depressed mood) As always, thank you to Esioule, WolfGirl2215, xcobbanxbeaumontx, Thaim_Minishaw and The_real_slip for your continuous support❤️😘

WARNING: MENTION OF DEATH

-rtandhrvyareamazing

------

Walking down 29th and Park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier

Walking along the side of the darkened and cracked road near my house, my eyes suddenly rested on two dark figures next to each other up ahead of me, and my heart didn't know what to do. Two figures right next to each other, holding hands, no less. You were so close.

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

You were with another man I didn't know.  I recognized your thick black curls, and stared at the other man's smoothed blond hair. I got closer, and when I was close enough, I saw your beautiful smile, the one where your beautiful blue eyes twinkled, the one I loved so much. The one I took away, and the one this man has now restored. I'm glad to see its back.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody love you like I do
Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new

I want to apologize, because I never meant to hurt you. I made a mistake, and I know that you'll never forgive me for it. I never meant to do what I did, yet I did it and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.....

'Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

Our friends were so supportive, tell them thank you for me. They told me that I would move on and find someone new.

But they had no idea how much it hurts.

Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
Aren't you?

When you finally met my eyes, I smiled sadly, very softly. All you did was glare at me, but I saw your blue eyes, and that was all I had wanted. When the man you were with followed your gaze and saw me, his own blue eyes filled with anger and hate. I turned away, the last thing I saw was that hate-filled gaze. I understand.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you

But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'd feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new

I miss you.... I miss you so much. But I know you won't, and I understand. I hope you'll be alright and never have to experience the pain I put you through again.

Goodbye,
                   Rye
                                                                                                                                                           I love you....
--------
I read it over once more, a tear dripping down my cheek. I looked over hesitantly at the three words at the bottom right of the letter, then forced myself to look away. I trudged the blocks to his front door, put down the letter, and again forced myself to turn away. His glare flashed in my mind.... This is it.....

'I'm so sorry......'

I jumped.

*************************************************************************************

Mikey's POV:

News Report: 22 YEAR OLD 'RYAN BEAUMONT' FOUND DEAD NEAR BRISTOL

"Oh Rye........." I choked, pressing my hand to my mouth.

 A sob escaped my throat as I sprinted out the door, slamming it behind me.  I didn't even know where I was going, I just kept running, and running, and running. At one point, I heard my name being called. But I didn't stop, all I could think about was the letter he had written to me. That note in the corner, saying that he loved me. I loved him so much, I still did..... I just hadn't understood why he did what he did. And the realization that I would never find out hit me hard.

I ran until I couldn't breathe, shaking and trembling until I had collapsed on to the hard pavement of the road. I didn't even feel the pain when my hands collided with the pavement. The last sound I heard, and would ever heard, was the sound of a honking car. 

I felt a hard thud, the excruciating pain knocking me down. My eyes closed, and I knew they would never open again, and it was what I wanted. My vision went white, then slowly starting turning black....

"I'm coming Rye......"