Torn Loyalty

I hope everyone's having a good day💕

Also, I just realized I didn't give shout outs for the oneshot before the last 😂 I'm so sorry

💗💜💙💕xcobbanxbeaumontx jafnah1242 Chinafree ChloeGuilfoyle EllsMc Roadtripp4lifee WolfGirl2215 Tama162 💕💙💜💗

And for the last: 💞💖💗💙💕Irishroadie xcobbanxbeaumontx RealityLemon Kiki917 jafnah1242 NiasiaJones9 WolfGirl2215 Roadtripp4lifee EllsMc ChloeGuilfoyle phanofroadtrip DanielismyQueen The_real_slip AngstyBreadCrumb panichopeduff youtubeloverxxxx💕💙💗💖💞

******

Rye's POV:

For as long as I can remember, me and Mikey Cobban had been friends.

Our families spent a lot of time together, as our dads were close friends and colleagues. Every week we'd gather for dinner, either at ours or their house, and we had a ton of fun.

But everything changed when his dad got promoted, and for some reason, kicked my dad out of the company. Now our families are at war, and have forced me and my best friend apart.

At first, me and Mikey tried to pretend nothing had changed, his and my mom both knew, and they didn't really care, because this was between our dads. But then, my dad found out, and forced bad things about Mikey and his family into my mind. I didn't want to believe the things he told me, but something took over in my mind, and I started to visualize truth in his words.

Now that I think of it, I was so stupid to have believed him.

*******

One thing he did was force me to hang out with the son of another friend of his. A secret that Mikey never tried to hide was that he was gay, most people accepted him, so he didn't need to hide. But my dad's friend was homophobic, and passed it onto his son. When I started hanging out with him, he and his group of friends tried to get me to hate on Mikey as well.

I had to, because everyday my dad's friend and my new proclaimed "best friend" came over for dinner every night, and he would tell my dad all about what had happened that day at school, and especially about our interactions with Mikey. My dad would laugh and compliment us, and then move on to something else. Those few words, "he got what he deserved" were all he wanted to hear, and I hated him for it.