The Mistake Before Vlogmas

Inspired by the vlog: WRITING A CHRISTMAS SONG IN 30 MINS - VLOGMAS

This oneshot was brought to my attention by WolfGirl2215
Thank you so much M 😘😘😘

Alsooooooo, thank you so much to,adorejays, xcobbanxbeaumontx, jafnah1242, The_real_slip Kiki917, Esioule xxfovvswifexx, and WolfGirl2215 😉for voting on the previous oneshot!!! To anyone who requested part 2 for Happier and A Thousand Years.....😶😶😶 .......they're coming I promise!!!!😂

-rtandhrvyareamazing

********

Mikey's POV:

Only we here at RoadTrip would try to write a Christmas song about Santa hating Christmas, so that's what we were planning to do. Andy, Rye and I started off the vlog, then we spent a couple hours tidying up the place and reorganizing it. Then we started off choosing chords and creating the melody. We only had 30 minutes as a time limit. After 10 or so minutes, it was going well. We had a great melody and pretty nice lyrics.

Then as we were making up more lyrics, Rye randomly said, "Oh, there's a football coming, in a sec, I'll head it," because apparently it rhymed with the rest of the lyrics. I shortened it by saying, "The ball swung in, I headed it," We debated if we should put it in, the other boys agreed instantly that we should, so I typed it down with the rest of the lyrics. That was a huge mistake.

When it was time to record the part of which we would sing the entire song to the camera, Brook, Rye, and Andy's parts went well, but once it was my turn, that's when things went wrong. We had planned out the Robbie would throw in a tennis ball, and I would header it after I sung the line. At first, I wasn't so sure I was willing to jump off the couch and header the ball, but I knew that it would be entertainment and it would look impressive if I really did it properly. So I just went for it:

"The ball swung in.... I headed it!!!" With a grunt of effort, I leaped off the couch, aiming for the tennis ball Robbie had thrown, it turned out that he'd thrown it too low. It hit my knee instead, and before I knew it, I was heading for the ground. I put my arm out at an attempt to stop the fall, but when my hand collided with the ground, an excruciating wave of pain immediately went through my arm. That wasn't it, my knee hit the ground with the full weight of my body, and I gritted my teeth in pain.

I laid there for a couple minutes in pain, breathing harshly in and out through my mouth, trying to prevent myself from crying, while the boys sang our brand new song as if nothing had happened. Rye was the first to notice that I was really hurt, probably because I hadn't gotten up yet. He leaned down, out of camera's view, and whispered, "are you alright?" I rolled my eyes at him, near tears. He straightened back up, in camera's view again. He quickly ended the video, I could hear him trying to hide his worry. Once Alex had turned the camera off, he dropped to his knees and put a hand on

"What hurts?" He whispered quietly. I squeezed my eyes shut and banged my head on the ground, trying to stop the pain.

"Mikey." He said, gently lifting my head off the ground. I groaned, and whispered; "my wrist...... and knee....." He examined my knee. "You bruised it pretty bad mate...."
Jack came over with some ice and held it on my knee while Rye examined my wrist. I could tell by his face that it was bad. He sucked in a breath.

"Mike..... your wrist is swelling up." He gently touched it and I hissed once again, yanking it away from his grip and hugging it close to my chest. Andy brought over some more ice and handed it over to me. I hesitantly put it on my wrist, trying to get the swelling to go down.

Andy looked over at Rye. "I think we shouldn't take him to A&E." Rye looked down at me and rested a hand on my arm. "Come on. Let's go."
He and Andy helped me sit up. Andy grabbed a couple random jumpers and helped me put one on, being extra wary of my swollen wrist. They guided me outside and soon, we were on our way to the hospital.

***

"......and that, is how you put it on," The doctor said, putting on the last strap of the wrist brace I was now wearing. I nodded, wincing as I attempted to move my wrist.

"Okay, so, you'll have to make sure it doesn't get wet........" He went on and on for about another half hour, I stiffled a yawn. "...... I'll see you in 3 weeks."

We hopped into the car and drove back home. It was late by the time we got back, but everyone was still awake, pacing around. They leaped up when we walked in, and rushed forward to look at my new sprained wrist.

"Not gonna lie.... It looked pretty bad mate." Jack grimaced. I playfully glared at him, and everyone smirked.

****

I lay awake in the bed in my dark room, opening and closing a fist over and over, wincing every time. I couldn't get to sleep, it just felt like something was missing.

I nearly jumped out of my bed when there door slowly opened. I turned around to see Rye standing there, a sad and guilty expression on his face. He blinked slowly when he met my eyes. Despite being in pain, I smiled and patted my bed in front of me. He smiled back softly and closed the door behind him. He climbed into the bed, facing me.

"I'm so sorry..." He murmured. "For what?" I asked, confused. He took my wrist gently.

"If I hadn't said anything, you wouldn't have gotten hurt." He whispered. I chuckled quietly.

"I hurt myself because I'm an idiot, you didn't do anything wrong."  I assured him, he relaxed slightly, but I could still feel how tense he was.

"That doesn't change the fact that you hurt yourself." He said. My arms found their way slowly around him. "I'm fine." I soothed, stroking his hair. I felt his relax completely and I smiled, happy that I had accomplished it. He started leaning in, and before I knew it, we shared a kiss. I groggily smiled, and slowly drifted off into sleep.