Chapter VI: What does a girl have to do to get some privacy around here?

( This is kind of what Avery's house looks like. I guess)

Avery's POV     (It's all Avery from here on out, for the most part.)

I had thoroughly enjoyed my day. I got all the things I had wanted to do done, and more. Now, I sat alone in my room, on my bed, in the dark. It might seem weird, but it was actually comforting. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

 Ever since I had gone back up onto the surface, all eyes were on me wherever I went. People had whispered around me wherever I went. "Why does she trust the monsters?" "She doesn't look okay." "Is she insane?" All I had to do to make them stop was simply say, "I can hear you."

Then there was just blissful silence. The rare kind that I had now. I got up and looked out the window. There, in the shadows of the tree branches, was someone holding a camera. They jumped when they saw me and scurried down the tree. 

I opened the window and asked, "Really? What does a girl have to do to get some privacy around here?" The figure stopped when they realized I was talking to them and hurried off into the night. I still felt like I was being watched, though, and when I turned around, Chara was standing in the doorway, light flooding in from the hall. "Who was that?" they asked. "I honestly have no idea." I said.

"Why didn't you try to stop them? You could just use your vines, right?" Chara looked confused. "If they were trying to get information on me to make monsters look bad, hurting or attacking them would've made it worse." I said plainly. Chara frowned. "For everytime someone badmouths monsters, I want to go over to them and give them a nice, hard, slap." "Well, don't tell that to any other human besides me, got it. 

Don't actually slap them either. You're royalty. You must carry yourself with grace." I say. "What, in a green hoodie, and hiking boots?" Chara responded. "Tsk." I said. I closed the window and drew the blinds closed.

I sat down on my bed, Chara beside me. We both sat in a somewhat meditative silence for a while, then Asriel came in and jumped up on his bed. "What are you two doing?" he asked. "Just enjoying the temporary peace and quiet." I said. "Oops, sorry, did I ruin it for you?" Asriel winced apologetically. "No, it's okay." I sat on the circular rug in the middle of the room, Chara next to me. I patted the other area, and told Asriel, "Come sit with us.

We'll make a triangle of peace." Asriel sat in the empty place and we joined hands sitting there in the dark with not a single sound in the air. When we all opened our eyes, I felt... at peace. Asriel and Chara both had calm, satisfied expressions. I let go of their hands and smiled. "Watch this." I said quietly. I waved my hand a glowing bouquet of golden flowers appeared in the middle of the room, giving off a warm glow like candlelight, and providing a little bit of warmth.

 The air felt like a cozy blanket, wrapped around us, surrounding us with calm. I grabbed Chara and Asriel's hands and filled them with the flowers. We all held a little bouquet of these flowers. Seeing my siblings happy made me happy. If only every AU, every individual timeline was like this... the world would be a lot better.

Then again. No violence? That's completely unrealistic. Some of the other timelines and AUs are based off of a violent backstory or violent world. Even the monsters from here attack you because humans were violent towards them. Without violence, the world would not be what it is now. The timelines... the AUs, they all would cease to exist. I hate to say it, but violence is actually required for all of this to exist, even though we're trying to prevent it. We all went to sleep.

_______________________________________________

Cats are the best... plz dog lovers don't kill me ;-;

*Seriously, Author #2? You know I'm a dog person, right? You have 5 seconds to run =)

RIP Author 20XX to 2018 die from an insane dog lover- I mean a disease...

*I know Avery would not approve, but you know what?! FIGHT ME!