Revelation

A/n - This is just a fanfiction. A figment of my imagination.

Revelation (Tae)

Alarm clock woke me up with a start. It doesn't usually catch me off guard because my body clock makes me awake automatically half an hour before the actual set alarm in the morning. It's been a habit I've gotten used to past few years.

But today I overslept.

I looked behind me and noticed that the bed beside me is empty. Ji is already up. Flipping off the bed cover, I sat up cautiously. A start of a niggling headache bothered my temples. Is it because I was up till 2 in the morning? I shrugged off my rising uncomfortable feeling and stood up to make the bed.

I can't remember who, but I heard from a motivational speaker that, "If you get up and make your bed in the morning, when the day turned out disappointing, at least you have a properly made bed waiting for you to comfort you at night." Whoever said that, it stuck with me. In numerous occasions I've learned that what he said was true.

I walked to the kitchen. Smell of freshly brewed coffee assaulted my senses deliciously. Pouring a generous mug full of thick dark concoction, I inhaled appreciatively. There's nothing in this world that could make me alert like black coffee in the morning. I felt my headache drifting away and my mood lifting.

Sipping from the mug slowly, I stepped closer to the large glass French windows in the living room

Sipping from the mug slowly, I stepped closer to the large glass French windows in the living room. In the far corner of the terrace, one lone figure stood, drenched in the early morning sunlight. Ji is doing her early morning yoga. A faint smile lifted the corner of my mouth. She's an early riser. It's a habit I learned from her since early days we moved in together. It's a convenient habit, so I can't complain much.

I decided to make an extravagant breakfast today. It's normally my duty to make food since Ji has very little free time during the weekdays with her busy schedule. She's a career woman. Her highly paid corporate job doesn't allow much time to engage in domestic work. As I am the person with flexible working hours, I take care of food. But mostly we ate from out.

But today is different. I touched the small velvet box nestled in the pocket of my sweatpants. I'm going to ask her to marry me today. It's about time. I should make an honest woman out of her. We've been together for years. This is the right decision.

I can hear the shower running in the bedroom.
Toasted bread, omelets, bacon and sausages, all done. I wiped my hands on a dish towel. Taking two glasses, I poured orange juice just up to the brim. Then I slipped my hand inside the pocket to retrieve the jewelry box. Sitting down on the small dining table, I opened the box to gaze at the ring. The ring I purchased for Ji.