Sin

A/n - I was supposed to update this yesterday but I couldn't. So here's a longer chapter to compensate. This chapter has mature content!

 This chapter has mature content!

Tae

"It's really interesting you know, the way Japanese people have synchronized manpower to get maximum results. As a fellow Southeast Asian Country, I don't think we can ever achieve the same level of efficiency in Thailand."

Ji talked combing her hair back from her forehead, repeatedly. It's an old habit. She only did it when she's totally relaxed. Dressed in her favorite PJs and ready to bed, I think she's very comfortable right now.

"Why do you think we can't do that here?" I asked leaning back on the sofa. It's not very late. Just after nine o clock. And I don't feel sleepy at all, even though I'm already dressed in my striped pajama longs and an old tattered t-shirt, thanks to that long nap I took earlier in the day.

"General attitude? Culture? People? Religion? I don't know. Could be anything, haven't researched on that much."

Ji is very passionate about the field of Human Resource Development. I'm glad she's enjoying her stay in Japan.

"Forget about me. Did you go grocery shopping or are you still surviving on take-outs?"

She tilted her head, knowing my habits very well.

"Well, I have been fending for myself very well, eating take-outs but nong Tee wouldn't let me. He went grocery shopping today and re-filled our fridge and kitchen cupboards. Now I must cook whether I like it or not. Otherwise, perishable produce will get wasted." I laughed but then my laughter faded.

Why did I mention Tee?

It was a habit. I never had to hide anything from Ji before. Words come out through my lips unrestrained when I'm talking to her. But the damage is already done. I can't go back on my words now.

"Have you been getting nong Tee to do your work, Tae?"

She only laughed in reply. I exhaled the breath I was holding. Now the cat is out of the bag I have to explain the situation, at least partially.

"Do you remember what happened on the night before your departure?" She nodded. "I was out there picking Tee up from a nightclub."

"A night club?"

She frowned.

"I didn't think he's the type to hang out at night clubs alone. He was alone, wasn't he?"

Ji asked in concerned.

"Yeah, long story short, he got in trouble with some guy and called Janean for help. And Janean had to call me because she didn't have anyone else at that moment." I said a bit awkwardly. I don't feel comfortable explaining the truth about what happened to Tee but I gotta tell her.