Shatter Me

A/n- This is just a figment of my imagination.

Shatter me (Tee)

I pirouette in the dark
I see the stars through me
Tired mechanical heart
Beats til the song disappears
Somebody shine a light
I'm frozen by the fear in me
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me
So cut me from the line
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me!
Shatter me!
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me! (Shatter me by Lindsay Sterling)

I pirouette in the dark I see the stars through me Tired mechanical heart Beats til the song disappears Somebody shine a light I'm frozen by the fear in me Somebody make me feel alive And shatter me So cut me from the line Dizzy, spinning endlessl...

I think I’m drunk.

Dance, dance and step to the beat.

Nong Bas and Nong Copter are shaking their booties to the song. I joined them.

We sang like mad and danced like lunatics.

There are only close friends present here to congratulate P’Tae and P’Ji on their impending matrimony. I couldn’t refuse when everyone else is attending. It would be odd, not right, if Tee isn’t present at the most important turning point of Tae’s life.

I walked to the temporarily set up bar, swaying slightly.

“Whiskey, double.” I dropped down on one of the stools and ordered from the man at the bar. He started mixing the drink. “Make it strong?” I held a finger. He nodded.

“Take it easy.”

I found P’Kim looking at me worriedly.

“I’m alright.” I tried to act my usual nonchalance. P’Kim watched me silently for few beats before moving away towards P’Sprite with two champagne flutes in his hands.

“I really am.” I muttered to the drink in my hand. There’s no one to hear me but the young man in a bartender uniform. I downed half of the content in the glass, wincing at the way the spirit burned my throat. I never liked whisky, why am I drinking this? Yes, because I don’t think I can face P’Tae sober, not after what I did few days ago.

I ran my palm down my sweaty face.

I didn’t know why I did what I did that day. I guess I wanted P’Tae to stop asking me questions. I guess I wanted him to know. I wanted P’Tae to know that I’m not good. That I want things I’m not supposed to want. I want him in ways I’m not supposed to want.

I sighed, dropping my head on the bar counter.

How did I lie to myself all this time? Why didn’t I see this coming? I was so naive to believe that it was friendship I felt for P’Tae.

As a young boy I always had this one dream. To find the person to love and be with them for the rest of my life. I never played. That’s why I’ve been waiting for so long, for the person of my dreams. I never thought it would be my P.