T H I R T E E N

Alivia's POV

I laughed as Mili and I drove home from practice. Mili kept dancing to my music and trying to start road rage.

"You wanna race." I laughed as Mili tried to challenge a little old man in a Subaru.

"Would you stop you crazy thing?" I laughed as I turned into our neighborhood.

"Aye, I think his Subaru would've whooped your ass in a drag race. Check the mail for me." Mili laughed as we pulled up to our house.

I sighed as I pulled up beside our mailbox and pulled out a stack of letters. I got out of the car and grabbed the three boxes that were sat by our mailbox.

"Who are those from?" Mili asked as I parked.

"Probably Nike or UCLA sending more damn textbooks." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my duffle bag and the boxes out of the G Wagon.

Mili and I walked in the house and threw our duffle bags on the couch before setting the mail and boxes on the counter. I grabbed a knife out of a drawer before starting to cut open the boxes. Mili opened the mail while I opened the boxes.

"Ooh look at this." I smiled as I held up a new cropped sweatshirt that had Nike written on it.

"That's so cute. Here's your Nike check." She replied sliding me an envelope.

"Thank you." I continued to open up the boxes when I saw my phone light up.

Kuz: You busy tonight?

Alivia: Nah what's up

Kuz: Can I pick you up for dinner around 7?

Alivia: Sure, see you then

Kuz: See you in a bit

"I'm going to go shower. Kuz is taking me out for dinner." I told Mili as I placed my check in my wallet.

"Ok have fun," Mili said as she continued going through our mail.

I walked upstairs and walked into my bathroom. I started my shower before taking off my sweats and getting in. I showered and dried my hair before I started getting ready. I listened to my playlist while I fixed my hair and did my makeup. I put on lotion and deodorant before walking to my closet to find an outfit. I searched through my closet for what felt like forever before putting on this.

I walked downstairs to see that Kyle was talking to Mili

I walked downstairs to see that Kyle was talking to Mili. He smiled when he saw me and hugged me.

"You ready?" He asked with his arm still laid over my shoulders.

"Sure. Where are we going?" I asked looking up at him.

"This place called The Escondite. They have a live band like every night." He said as he ran his fingers through my hair.