Chapter One

|| Emy Gold's POV

I stood in front of the Richardson gate.  There was a speaker at the gate and as I told them my name, the gate opened spontaneously as I strolled my way inside. A maid opened the door as she glanced at me from head to toe. Incontestably,I was not someone who belong here.  I was here to meet Miranda Richardson. I was told to wait until she took the phone to call in someone and after some minutes passed in waiting at the door,I was requested to come in. 

This Mansion was definitely an open concept. The living-dining-kitchen area is one spacious area with unbelievable long range mountain views from every spot. Vaulted wood ceilings, beautiful walnut floors, comfortable and quality furnishings, and plenty of amenities make for total relaxation. There was housemaids roaming around busy doing their respective tasks. However, they never lose the opportunity to glance at me one and over.

I took a seat in the living room as guided by one of the maids and was looking around disconcerting until I heard the footsteps of someone entering the room. I stood and turned to the person who stared at me bewilderedly. It was a very attractive woman probably in her forties but who has been able to maintain her figure wonderfully. She looked very affluent that made me very intimidated. Like me, she also without speaking a single word kept on assessing my appearance. Finally after a dozen of seconds, she finally spoke.

"Who are you?" she queried perplexedly in a very professional attire. Surprisingly, I kept askingthe same question myself these past few months.

 My name is Emy Gold and I certainly not belong to this lavish lifestyle. My life has taken a majordrastic turn that I was forced r to compromise. I was born in a lower class family. I was the only child of my parents. I was happy. Sometimes we do notluxury and money to be happy. All we need is a happy family who cares for youand love you. Well that is what I thought. 

My parents were very poor people and sometimes, my parents has to do extra overtime to provide for the family- especially for me. Despite having financial difficulties, I was provided with everything. Seeing the hard work of my parents, I was determined to work hard with my studies. At an early age of thirteen, I was a very bright student as my teachers said. My parents were very proud of me and I promised myself that one day I will take their responsibilities and will provide them with everything. 

However, my happiness and desire did not last long when one day coming back from school, I heard  that my parents were involved in a very tragic accident coming back from work which caused them to die on the spot. You can imagine being an orphan at such an early age. It was not easy to cope especially when I was advancing the stage of adolescence. Hearing the news, I did not cope with it well. I was devastated, broken, ruined. For several months, I was in a major depression, which cause to shut with everything with friends and especially with relatives who refused to take your responsibility blaming their financial problems. 

After the demise of my parents, I stayed with my closest neighbour Mrs Bennett who was an old widow woman who offered me a place in her house for some time. At that time, I was not able to predict my upcoming future. My life stopped the moment I learned about the news of my parents. After a few months, with the support of Mrs Bennett who was able to get me out of my devastated state and mustering some courage, I resumed my life. It was difficult but I had to accept the fact that I could only rely on memories of my parents.

My life was going on until one day; Mrs Bennett called me to tell me that a certain person know as Mr Barnes was seeking for me. I got downstairs to see a very professional attire man holding some important folders standing patiently in the living room.

As he introduced, I have known that he was a lawyer working under a certain Richardson who apparently were very rich people. As I enquired, I learned that a certain Mrs Miranda Richardson was seeking for me and wished that I go stay at her place in New York until I reached a certain age where I'll be taken to take my own responsibility.

It was a time where I sensed that my whole life was going on such a  speed that I was not able to understand of what was going on. I was not willing to go live with a person whom I did not even know them nor my parents had ever mentioned of any Richardson.

My Barnes sensing my disquietude, showed me some papers in the presence of Mrs Bennett who was by my side in which my parents especially my father made an agreement with this lady to take my full charge if anything happened to them while I was still in early adolescence. Mr Barnes explained that a lady called Miranda Richardson was ready to take my whole responsibility until I reach my adulthood.

I was shocked by the fact on how my parents knew these people and why had my parents never mentioned this to me? I was perplexed, as I did not know what to trust or not. This was certainly the signature of my parents. I questioned Mr Barnes that how these people knew my parents; he just smiled and said that it was not his place to tell. Instead, he showed me his business card for me to clear the misunderstanding that this man before me was a genuine person.

Mr Barnes before leaving told me to think over the matter and he mentioned that I could not refuse much as this was a matter of court. It was with the permission of my parents that my guardianship was offered to that woman.

That night I did not sleep. Despite the numerous times I refused mentally to accept the offer of this woman, I was forced to accept the fact that I could not keep burdening Mrs Bennett who was a very old woman living on her pension. At last, I called the lawyer to accept his offer, I was told to pack my things, and a car will arrive the day after to drive me to New York.

Mrs Bennett was very sad when I gave her the news. Finally, the day had arrived when Mr Barnes sent a car to fetch me to bring me to the Richardson Mansion. This was a new life for me. However, I did not anticipate the fact that this new life will bring many drastic turns in my life.