Chapter Fifteen

|| Emy Gold's POV

A person regret many things in his lifetime. Sometimes, we want to reverse time to rectify certain things but this was clearly an impossible thing to do. Similarly, Bethany should not have learnt things like this. I should have told her sooner that I am linked with the Richardson; that I am residing at their household. Now, things went out of my control.

I was not able to converse with her. As I tried to talk to her, she had turned her back leaving the hall. And I solemnly returned home with Miranda and Anna.

Miranda noticing my edginess asked me if I was alright. I simply told her that I was tired.

Anna was also staring my way. She was seated in front of me in the limousine and my mind was so distracted and guilty of not telling Bethany the truth. She was a good friend and she did not deserve this.

My whole day went on like this

My whole day went on like this. I tried messaging Bethany. Even though she has seen the messages, she did not reply me.

The next day at school, as I entered the class, Bethany was already seated next to a classmate and I could do nothing than just went to take another seat behind. I did not even turned to look at me. She was clearly ignoring me. I remembered how sweet she was, always welcoming me every morning I entered the class and she never forgets to reserve a seat for me. Now I just ruined everything.

A few days have passed. Bethany was still angry with me. I never got the chance to speak to her. In class, she would not sit next to me and she seemed to disappear at lunch.

Finally, when Bethany in the midst of the class ask for permission to go to the toilet and I knew this was the best time to clarify the matter.

Eventually, I joined her in the washroom as she was washing her hands and her expression changed when she saw me entering the place. I was frozen to the spot did not know where to start. She was not interested at all to speak to me and she passed by me leaving the place when I held her arms stopping her.

"Bethany listen!" I exclaimed while Bethany only released her hands in annoyance.

"What do you want Emy?" she signed gallingly glaring at me.

"Listen I want to explain to you..."

"Explain what? The fact that I saw you and Anna laughing together?" she interrogated as I can stare at her.

"It's not what you think." I argued.

"Emy it's been months since we're best friends. I thought we share everything. But I was wrong about you." she refuted on the verge of crying. 

I could only shook my head but she did not let me continued;

"I'm not mad because you live with the Richardson. This is your personal matter. What bothers me is the fact that you did not tell me anything about you since the beginning even when I told you that I disliked Anna."

"Maybe who knows you and Anna are talking behind my back judging my clothes and figure. This is what she do best." She injected clearly pissed off.

"You know I'm not like that." I said trying to control my emotions.

"I don't know you anymore Emy. You are all the same; manipulating and conceited bitches," she avowed. She was exceeding the limits.

"Look! I know I committed a mistake, I did not tell you about me. But that don't give you the reason to judge a person." I contradicted at her making her flabbergasted.

"What do you want me to say? That you are a good person when you deliberately did not tell me a single thing on your account." She said raising her voice.

"What do you want to know? If I live with the Richardson. YES! I'm linked with them and in this, I have no choice. I lost both my parents this year in an accident and willingly or not, I was compelled to go live with them. And I did not you told anything about them. I was not that kind of girl who use someone else's name to make a friend. I wanted you to befriend me for what I am."

"And when I told you about Anna. You could told me that you know her. She is in our class." Bethany bickered brushing off her tears. She was hurt of what happened.

"How could I told you when she clearly has not spoken a single word to me since I started living at her place." I confessed.

"What do you mean? She was clearly laughing with you the other day?" she asked repudiating me.

"She was laughing with her friends not with me." I said shaking my head in denial.

"Well for sure she is a selfish bitch who just worry for herself." Bethany affirmed.

She then added; "she would never befriend someone from a lower class than her."

"She may be arrogant but she was not a selfish person. Among all, she cared about her brother. She was always there for him defending him in front of her father and I was witnessed of this."

It has been months since I moved with the Richardson and until now, Anna has not spoken a word to me but deep inside maybe she was not a bad person. She definitely did not humiliated me at the event unlike did her brother.

"Now, you're defending her?" Bethany shockingly stared at me.

"I thought you were my friend?" she injected as I closed my eyes.

"Look Bethany, I know that I hurt you. I should have told you sooner. But that doesn't mean that you have to be judgmental. You are changing the topic on Anna, which is not the main issue here. I am here to correct my mistakes by apologizing to you. Not to have some sort of debate on Anna." I breathed out.

"Yes! But I hate the fact that you are defending a girl I dislike- a lot." She said opening the door to leave.

I remained static as I realized that I lost my only best friend for good. With that, I wiped my tears resuming the class.