Chapter Nine

||Emy Gold's POV

According to Bethany, these girls were the most popular cheerleaders of this school. They were of higher classes probably the same age as Adrian. The one sitting on Adrian's lap was Lara Winston. She was the most popular girl of school and the reason was clear. She was very tall probably 5'10 inches with a matching hazel eye. She was the same girl who was with Adrian on the bike the other day. Still, her skirt was so short that you could practically see everything beneath it. They had a lot of makeup displayed on their face. I appeared a lot paler in front of them.

Adrian was stroking her thighs talking to his friends as they also had the other girls sat on their lap. She was clearly in love with him the way she was constantly staring at him while he was speaking to his friends. She did not miss to push her breasts forward to draw his attention.

I returned my gaze on Bethany who likewise was staring at them. She looked at me uttering 'playboys' as we returned to our class.

A month has passed on this same flow. Bethany and I have become closer to each other. We likely discuss everything together except the fact that until now I did not tell her that I was living with the Richardson.

Anna, on the other hand was still giving me the silent treatment. Since I came to this house, I did not have a single conversation with her. I convinced myself that it was her nature to be this reserved.

Adrian was never at home. I could  barely see him on breakfast . He was never present on dinner and seemed to return very late at night. At times he got drunk which caused him to create noise when he passed my room and there are times he got home when we were leaving for school. He was such a messed up person.

Like this, a month went by and I preferred to spend most of the time with Miranda and Bethany with whom I felt more comfortable. On a Saturday morning, Bethany called me where she told me that she wanted to go shopping with me and I did not refuse her. It will be fun roaming a bit with your best friend in the city.

However, it was wise that I seek the permission of Miranda who was in the study. She was reading a book when I entered the place. Her eyes lifted from her book to look at me and when I asked her permission, her face changed to an expression that I could not decipher.

Later on, she revealed to me that she was very happy when I had asked her permission, she opened her drawer to give me one of her credit cards, and she told me to spend it the way I wanted.

I was tired as hell

I was tired as hell. Bethany visited all the stores, which had discount promotion. As much as I did not like shopping, I enjoyed it nevertheless as she tried on countless of clothes and took a tone of selfies.

After that, we decided to grab something to eat at Starbucks. Thus, Bethany decided to place the order as I went to take a seat. My feet merited a break of this entire walk we are having since this morning.

As I went to grab a seat hurriedly, I bumped into someone, which caused me to stumble, and luckily, that person got hold of me and pulled me to him.

As he was very tall, I was faced to his chest. I pulled away to look at him raising my head.

He was familiar. He was extremely attractive with these brown hair and hazel eyes. It seemed like I have seen him a lot. He was tremendously tall like Adrian. Then realisation hit m, he was one the friends of Adrian; the one who always walked in the cafeteria with him.

He also was staring at me right in the face and after a while he asked;

"Hey! Are you okay?" he demanded his full attention on me. His hazel gaze was so intense that my cheeks reddened.

"I-I'm fine." I stuttered passing by his side to take a seat before I embarrassed myself even more.

He turned to look at me for a few seconds then walked away.

Bethany came afterwards and it was the first time I got to taste something from Starbucks.

"Wow! It's delicious!" I expressed tasting its iced caramel macchiato. Bethany glanced at me chuckling nodded.

"Starbucks is the best!"

"Emy you did not tell me where you live?" Bethany questioned sipping her coffee.

I was taken aback from that question. It was high time for me to reveal to her that I was living with the Richardson. Then something was holding me from saying it.

"I'll take you someday to my place." I said turning my gaze to the people. She knew something was odd but did not persist.

"You know I was thinking maybe we could have a pyjama night someday. What do you think?" she asked and I just smiled.

"That would be nice." It was true and it is nice spending the night with Bethany. We will do less sleep talking more for sure.

After that, Bethany went home and I called the driver to come fetch me. I returned home and got to my room.

Later, in the late afternoon I got down to see Miranda to tell her about the stuffs I bought and how I spent my day. She would be very happy. But as I went down, I found no one except some servants working by the pool.

Confoundedly, as I enquired, I learned that Miranda had gone to a funeral of a friend and that she probably would not be coming back tonight. As usual, Mr and Mrs Richardson like last weekend are too busy to come home and as far as I learnt, both of them were on a business trip.

The servants were in exhaustive preparations and then I understood later that it was going to be a pool party tonight organised by Adrian. I was stunned; I had no idea of this party.

Nevertheless, I decided to stay in my room. There was no way I would set my feet in that place. It was not as if I was invited. I have not seen a pool party before.

Therefore, at dinner, I called up a maid to bring my dinner upstairs. However, bewilderingly, the maid never came back.

At first, I decided to stay in my room. I did not dare to go downstairs. But then, how longer will you resist a growling tummy.

Going downstairs was one of my biggest mistake. I realised it the time I approached the pool. And that party was certainly not what I had envisioned.