Chapter Eighteen

|| Emy Gold's POV

Adrian's heated conversation perpetuated my mind. It's seriousness was such deeper that Adrian was even lacking respect for his father. Miranda was busy narrating to me the event she attended this morning and my mind was not even grasping all the words she was telling me.

I wondered what kind of matter that was that made Mr Richardson asking desperately the help of his son. Even I had problem in our small house. We had many financial difficulties. However, this did not let us from being a happy family. But here, the matter was perfectly converse. The Richardson family did not lack anything. They were stable financially. What they lacked were the bonding of a family.

I did not see him again that day. Anna as usual covered him up at dinner declaring that he would be staying over at some friend's house. Mr Richardson was full aware of his son's absenteeism so he remained quiet focused to his food and he dismissed himself as soon as he completed his dinner.

The next day, as usual, I was alone in the cafeteria ordering lunch. Sitting alone at lunch has become a habit for me.

"Can I sit here?" someone said in front of me. Lifting my head up, I saw Bethany looking at me.

I was floored to see her standing in front of me. Taking a deep breath, I simply nodded to see her taking a seat.

I offered her some fries. It was awkward to see her sitting with me after the last conversation we had in the washroom the other day. The conversation was definitely futile based on the way Bethany reacted and now that she is sitting with me, I wonder what changed her mind.

"I didn't see you in the cafeteria these past few days?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

Bethany gazed at me; "that's because I was having lunch at the back of the school alone. I did not want to see you."

"So you're not angry anymore?"

"Let's just say that I've cooled off a bit." She chuckled.

I returned her smile continued to eat.

"Actually- Anna came to talk to me," she declared. This perked up my attention.

"Basically, she came to clear the misunderstandings between you and me" she asserted as I shockingly grasped all her information.

"She claimed that you guys are not friends. She also mentioned that you are not an opportunist."

"Bu-but how did she know about all this?" I stammered confused about this situation. Anna and I were clearly two opposite individual where until now we did not even had a proper conversation.

Bethany just shook her head, as she also did not have a hint of how Anna knew about us.

"It was strange when she approached me. I did not what to say to her. I was dumbfounded." She chuckled as I was still in deep thought.

"Emy! You're listening?"

"Yes-yeah."

"Hmmm listen, I realised that I was harsh with you these past few days. I was very angry- you did not deserve to be treated that way." She avowed nervously gazing at me.

"No, I'm sorry. I should have told you Sonner that I was residing with the Richardson."

Let us forget all this okay? "I nodded my head in affirmative. I was glad things were stabilised between her and me.

Bethany continued to talk like her old self and I smiled. I promised myself that I would never risk our friendship again.

Later we returned to class and Bethany restored her place next to me. I saw Anna entering the class some moments later. As I turned to look at her respective seat, I found her staring Bethany and I. She definitely got the hint that Bethany and I have solved our misunderstandings.

I was elated that it was Friday and now that Bethany and I are again on good terms, I was ready for a good weekend rest. Nevertheless, as disappointing as it was, exams were approaching and I had to focus entirely to complete the project works.

I was in the car with Anna. As usual, she had her earphones plugged in. I turned to the window to view the surroundings. I wanted to ask her about her conversation with Bethany and I was not able to muster the courage. Maybe I feared that she would give me a cold shoulder and I would embarrassed myself even more.

I decided to remain silent during the driveway to home until I sensed her shift beside me.

"Huh- I'm going to grab something to eat. Will you come?" Anna trailed looking anywhere but me.

I was dumbfounded. It was outlandish seeing her nervous like this before. Staring at her, I could not refuse her. Thus, I simply nodded in approval.

Eventually, the car stopped in front of one of the lavish restaurant in New York. I hopped out of the car following her behind. We quickly sat at a table and no sooner, a server came taking out order. I was unknown to this place; I just ordered the same thing as her. I was mostly focused on the way she was addressing the waiter; she mastered the etiquettes of the rich people very well. There was not a single hint of stumbleness in her voice.

I was taken aback by the prices of the menu displayed. How can a plate be this expensive? It is even more expensive than the clothes I buy.

Nevertheless, despite the price, its deliciousness were outstanding. Anna did not say a word since we entered the place.

"How did you know that Bethany and I..." I trailed off attempting to start a conversation.

She sat more comfortably staring right at me.

"I-I've heard your conversation the other day- in the washroom." She revealed startling me. Bethany and I were so indulged in our conversation that we did not not even realised that someone may have heard us.

"Then I realised that she got a misunderstanding about us." She injected glancing for a moment on the surroundings then returned her attention on me.

"Why did you help me?" I could not help but ask. Since day one, she showed that she was not at all interested in my stuffs.

"Let's us say I returned a favour." She declared as I furrowed my eyebrows staring her way.

"You did not tell my father about my brother last night." She added clarifying things.

"How did you know that I knew your brother was home?" I quizzed bewilderedly.

"The expression on your face was very clear. You were constantly glancing over me.so it's pretty evident." She smirked leaning to her seat taking a sip of her coffee.