Chapter Eight

|| Emy Gold's POV

That morning I woke up late probably because I had a huge craving to eat something in the middle of the night. I quickly got dressed for school and a maid came knocking my door to tell me that breakfast was taking place at the poolside.

Miranda waved in my direction as she saw me approaching the pool. The table was a four people table, which was a lot smaller than the usual breakfast table. There was just Miranda and Anna at the table. Mr and Mrs Richardson had some urgent matters to attend to and they would take their usual breakfast at their respective offices.

Anna as usual was silent only answering her grandmother occasionally when she was asked something. Miranda was mostly talking to me as she took a sip of her coffee. She was interested to know about my new friends and if I was able to adjust myself in that big school.

Therefore, I told her about Bethany; how she was kind and offered me her friendship. I narrated Miranda about the surroundings and influence of the students. Anna was staring at me. Maybe she sensed that I was going to reopen the chapter of Adrian yesterday to Miranda, which I was clearly not interested. It was not my issue. And so, I did not brought that up.

It was mostly Miranda that was talking at the table. She always had something to say which I appreciated considering the fact that she did not make this breakfast awkward and Adrian soon cut her off walking over the other side of the pool in the same get-up he was yesterday when he found me in the kitchen. His hair was so messy curly in the morning. He was definitely not ready for school.

"Good morning Grandma! I could practically hear your voice at the other side of the house." Adrian exclaimed taking a vacant seat next to me.

"Don't exaggerate Adrian and don't think as if I will forgive you that easily for the deed you've done yesterday," Miranda scolded him and Adrian just smirked and instructed the maid attending us to serve him the breakfast.

"Oh come on you will not reopen this conversation again." He narrowed his eyes taking jam to pass on his toast. I was very uneasy sitting next to him in the fear of touching him by mistake. Therefore, I kept my hands and gaze both to my lap.

I thought maybe now he will tend to be more loquacious towards me due to the small conversation we had in the kitchen. However, he did not look at me; his full concentration was on his grandmother.

"Let's just hope that you will not commit this sort of mistake again. Do you even know how your father had to deal with that problem? He had to apologise full of shame." Miranda declared Adrian barely paying attention to what she is saying.

"Luckily these people accepted money or else this matter would have been dragged to court." Miranda continued and Adrian was listening to it as if it was an old story. Miranda seeing the disinterested expression of his grandson decided to drop the matter.

Miranda had no time to converse with us more as we had to rush to school, as we were already late. Fortunately, I did not miss the beginning of the class, as the driver was able to drive us on time.

When I entered the class, Bethany was already sitting with a vacant seat beside her and she waved the moment she saw entering the class. After a while, Anna entered taking a seat in the far end. I cannot help but wonder that since I came to this school, I barely saw her talking to someone beside her brother.

My mood was a lot better than yesterday and I decided to not think too much of what happened in the school hallways. At lunch, Bethany showed me the different stuffs she bought yesterday in a mall, which apparently displayed 40% discount. She clearly liked doing these kind of things. She was busy showing me her dresses on her phone while I grabbed something for us to eat.

"You should accompany me sometimes for shopping. We'll rock!" Bethany stated beaming as we sat at a table.

I do not like shopping. It is not as if I had money to shop either. Miranda has make sure to take care of all my needs and all I wanted was made to my disposal. Similarly, at school I did not spend money to eat. I was offered a lunch card.

I did not say anything as we sat eating in tranquillity and as I lifted my head to look at the door, I saw Adrian enter the cafeteria with his friends. His uniform was messy clearly the bad boy type with his tie unsteady. He never failed to receive people's attention as all present in the cafeteria had their heads turned in his direction including me. Oddly, there was always someone present in the cafeteria to run errand for him. They cannot just refuse him. Fear were all masked all over their faces.

"I'm surprised he was not expelled for what he has done yesterday." I affirmed rolling my eyes and turned to Bethany.

Bethany chuckling took a bite of her spaghetti.

"Adrian Richardson and his friends can never be expelled from this school!" she announced as she turned to look at them for a second.

Maybe that was the reason why he was so carefree at the breakfast table. He had control over everything. He deserved a detention. If no sanction is taken against him, I doubt he will really change.

" Edward Richardson; Adrian's parents are the founder and trustees of this school so it was evident that whatever illicit tasks he'll do in here, nobody will be able to change something including the principal who is a mere puppet in the hands of the Richardson." She confirmed gazing at me.

"Even my father works for them. He is one of his attorneys." She declared as I realised that I have not told her that I was familiarised with the Richardson.

Until now, Bethany was unaware that Anna and I come to school and return home together. I was not able to decide whether to tell her or not. Eventually she will know. Then I decided not to tell her, as not just be friends with me just because I was related to the Richardson.

As I get to know her more, I would then tell her that I was connected with them.

"Did you know that Adrian has a sister, Anna Richardson? She is in our class." Bethany avowed finishing her meal.

I was feeling guilty, as it appeared as if I was fooling with her. She kept introducing the Richardson members one by one and I kept quiet assessing all her information.

My thoughts halted as I noticed some groups of girls entering the canteen flashing their small skirts. Everyone's attention were on them. They were three in total and they strolled to stop at Adrian's table with one of them sitting on his lap.