Chapter Twenty Three

|| Emy Gold's POV

Jason was very elated by our presence and his grandparents were warming people who never ceases to remind us to come visit them another day. I did not brought up Adrian's matter, as I knew that would upset Jason. Maybe at another occasion I can ask him what is going on between Adrian and him. As days passed by, Jason was easily stabilizing and was having enough time to catch up with his studies.

One fine night after dinner, Miranda summoned me to her office. Pondering on what she has to say to me, I led towards the study to found Adrian leaving her office slamming the door deafeningly behind him causing me to flinch. He was pissed off likewise the other day when I mistakenly heard his heated conversation with his father. His jaw was clenched with his gaze lingering on mine. His hands were fisted in an attempt to control himself. He strolled towards me pertaining an intense gawp which made my knees weakened.

His whole focus was on me and I could not but feel intimidated. I stood motionless with my gaze casting down while he continued stomping in my direction.

As he approached me, I felt uncomfortable. It was probably the height, which was cringing me. Then out of the blue, he curved down his body until his face came in confrontation with mine. He was just some inches away from me intimidating me much. I tried to cast my gaze down but in vain, he had already grabbed on my chin facing me right to his face.

"I always knew you are not so simple minded and innocent as you acted to be." He snarled as I processed all the words coming right from his mouth.

"Rapacious bitch" he scorned pushing me aside out of his way. I stumbled to the other side of the place. Fortuitously, despite my injured knee, I have been able to maintain my balance. I turned around watching him dismissing himself. What problem did he have with me? I was not even meddling in his life.

However, I was not the only person who processed all his insult that night. A maid without prior notice, bumped into him when Adrian was furious hastening to his room with the tray crashing vociferously to the floor. Adrian did not waste a second to fire her not before snapping some malicious evil insults to her. I pitied the maid who was on the verge of crying. He was aggravated; he did not even care as he stormed away leaving the maid behind who was practically falling down my knees begging for her job back.

My blood was boiling with anger; I could not witness this prejudice and I turned to Miranda's office. Once knocking, I entered the study to find Miranda seated at the desk reviewing some of her files.

Her eyes lit up the second she saw me as she gestured me to take a seat. She was surprisingly calm compared to Adrian.

"You called for me?" I queried taking a seat. Miranda signalled me to give her some minutes to wrap her works. I sat leaning in my chair analysing the study until a maid came knocking at the door placing in front of us two cup of coffee before dismissing herself.

I brought up the coffee in my hand inhaling its flavour. Some hot coffee was good to drink at night. Miranda removed her spectacles after a while and held her coffee taking a sip.

"Why do you look so pale? Something happened?" she questioned frenetically staring right at me. I shook my head in denial. It was not my place to question her anything about Adrian.

She did not seem convincing by my answer but did persist more to that. Miranda seemed tired, maybe she was stressing over business issues.

"Actually, next week we are hosting a formal party here." Miranda announced grasping all my attention.

"And I would appreciate it you attend this event." She injected demanding an answer from me.

I nodded my head accepting her invitation. At the same time, I was having a bad feeling about it. Last time I attended Adrian's pool party, things did not end well for me. Everyone witnessed how badly criticised I was on that day. However, this time, the whole family will be present since the event will be held in the Richardson mansion itself.

"Well that was all. I'm glad you agreed to this." She warmly caressed my hand on the desk.

"You seem tired. Go to sleep tomorrow we'll talk more about this" she concluded as I nodded in affirmative dismissing myself for the night.

On the way to my room, as I passed through Adrian's room, I could not deny his uproar voice audible in the corridors. He was definitely speaking to someone on the phone. He seemed much frustrated and in desperation. What could made him to this state?

I was afraid to pass by his room. As a fact, the door always seems to open inappropriate situations. I did not want him to misunderstand me for stalking him let alone bear any more insults coming from his mouth. Regrettably, as much as he was mesmerizing person from the outside, his inside was just the opposite.

It would be unethical to hear his conversation. I did not want to encounter anymore trouble with him. Therefore, I just ignored him and barged to my room.

I decided to not to pay any heed of all his insults. I have hectic weeks ahead of me. One was the event and after that, my final exams would start. Thus, there is no place for his malicious words. I ensured myself to ignore him as always.

One thing I could not deny was that Adrian Richardson hated me for some reasons. He made that clear out to me today. As much as I wanted to abscond from here, I was penned. Evidently, I would continue to remain the girl living under his roof.