Chapter Five

|| Emy Gold's POV

Monday sucks!

I mean which students like to go to school on Mondays. I was certainly in the category of those students who dislike Mondays. However, this time was different. I wanted to go there to see its surroundings, the teachers, the students. They were all new to me. 

Taking a bath, putting on my uniform and all the regular stuffs were the same as I used to do before going to school in my hometown except one thing; my mom who used to comb my hair into two ponytails was not here anymore

Taking a bath, putting on my uniform and all the regular stuffs were the same as I used to do before going to school in my hometown except one thing; my mom who used to comb my hair into two ponytails was not here anymore. I missed my parents a lot especially my mother who used to have everything ready for me for school; my bag; my tiffin even brushing my shoes every morning. I was extremely pampered by her. Thinking of that itself made tears to my eyes. Making sure that I took everything, I descended downstairs for breakfast. The surprising thing was that everyone was present at the table. Miranda saw me first and instructed me to take a seat.

Anna also was in her uniform all set to go to school. She looked very different compared to me as my hair was somewhat messy whereas she had her open hair fallen over her shoulders very neat and clean. She looked glamorous itself in her uniform. She was dressed like an heiress unlike me. As she was eating her breakfast, she glimpsed at me assessing my appearance before returning her gaze to her plate.

The breakfast went on smoothly with the family discussion some business matters, Kendra apologising to me for her absence during the weekend as she claimed that she had a very tight schedule, and that it was impossible to delay the tasks. In this particular conversation, I learnt that Mr Richardson was the chairman of a big enterprise and Kendra was a famous fashion designer known by most of the females of New York.

Breakfast was calm compared to that disastrous dinner. This was because Adrian was not present at the table and according to some maids that were serving us; Adrian had arrived late in the night and was still sleeping. I looked up at Mr Richardson to see him take a deep breath shaking his head but said nothing. I guessed he did not want to spoil his day.

A driver was made at my disposal to take Anna and I to school and Anna being the same age as mine was strictly instructed by Miranda to show me the school and to help me adjust to this new surroundings which I really doubt she will do with the attitudes she was giving me. However, she said nothing and just hopped in the car with me following behind her.

The drive to school was awkward. We were just sitting next to each other without a single conversation. Even the driver was finding that awkward as he kept looking through the rear view mirror. Glancing over Anna, she seemed to be much indulged to her mobile phone strolling some feeds. 

Anna has not uttered in a single word to me throughout the journey.  maybe she was  shy but by assessing her she did not seem like the shy type. she had the guts to look at my face and say nothing. I really wondered what was her problem with me.