Chapter One

It was another regular summer day for Savannah Jones. She woke up at 6am, with the sun rays entering through the window, since she always let the curtains of her bedroom opened. The reason for that was that Savannah hated waking up with an alarm clock, she actually never used those. She would rather wake up on her own, and letting the morning sun greet her was the best way to get up happy and full of energy to start the day.

The girl stretched as she got out of her small bed, and smiled as she looked at the beautiful view her window gave her. She was surrounded by nature. Everywhere she looked, she saw green hills and blue sky. Savannah loved her house, and her life. She wouldn't change it for anything else in life. She had everything she needed there, in her farm.

Savannah walked towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. She washed her face with cold water and soap, brushed her teeth, put on deodorant and combed her long red hair. Despite not being exactly the feminine type, Savannah took great care of her hair. Naturally straight and going all the way to her waist, it was probably one of the things she loved the most about her features. That and her big bright green eyes. Her father said they looked exactly like her mother's, and that made her happy.

Choosing an outfit wasn't a big deal for Savannah, since she knew whatever she picked would get dirty the moment she left the house. For this reason, she picked some old denim shorts, a black t-shirt and a red, check-patterned flannel shirt. Knowing she would need it, she put a black scrunchie in her wrist before making her bed and leaving the small bedroom.

Her father was already at the kitchen, making breakfast for the two of them. Savannah and her father lived alone, since she didn't have any siblings and her mother died when she was born, but despite it being a big house, it didn't feel lonely. Savannah loved her father and he was enough for her. They were the perfect team and always had each other's backs.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Her father greeted with his usual big smile, pearly white teeth showing.

Savannah giggled and took a seat. "Good morning! It smells great, like always!" She complimented, making her father's grin grow even wider as he put the eggs and bacon on her plate.

The man took a seat in front of his daughter and they both started eating. "Don't forget our guest arrives today." He told her.

The redhead nodded. "Yeah, I know." She replied uninterestingly.

Every summer, her father would have a teenage boy over to help them at the farm. They were usually rich, spoiled troublemakers whose parents didn't know what else to do, so they sent them to the farm to learn a thing or two about hard-work and life in general. Being born and raised a tough country man, he was usually pretty successful in turning those boys into real men, and the parents were so happy with the results they even paid them more than they had decided in the first place.

Savannah didn't take a huge role in all this, since the boys stayed most of their time with her father helping him with the crops as the girl took care of the animals. All she had to do was tolerate them during meals, which was already hard by itself. The girl had a huge hatred towards city people in general. They were too spoiled and took everything for granted. They didn't value the real things in life, and generally drove her crazy. But the money was needed, so she just had to try her best to ignore them.

"So, about that, I have something to tell you..." Her father said after a few minutes of silence. Savannah looked at her father and tilted her head to the side, a weird feeling of anxiety growing inside of her. Why was her father so serious? "This time, you'll be the one responsible for the boy."

Savannah chocked on the piece of bacon she was swallowing and started coughing. Her father waited for her to catch her breath, but before he could go on with his explanation, the girl interrupted him. "What?! Are you serious?!"