Chapter Ten

Savannah was really decided to tame that horse. For the next week, she would spend all her free time with it, which meant besides when they were working Romeo barely spent time with Savannah. If he had to be honest, the horse terrified him, and he didn't want to disturb Savannah's work. However, it did feel quite lonely. Without Savannah, there wasn't much Romeo could do at that place. Town was too far away for him to go on his own (and he was pretty sure Jacob wouldn't let him), there was no Wi-Fi, he didn't exactly have anyone to call. And now he didn't even have his cigarettes, since Savannah took all of them from him. So, there wasn't much Romeo could do besides sleeping or just wandering around the farm.

It was a Wednesday afternoon and Romeo had just finished his work at the farm with Savannah. It had almost been a month since he first started, and he was getting a lot better and more confident with his work at the farm. He was even starting to get used to waking up extremely early.

He couldn't believe basically half of the time he was supposed to spend at the farm had already flied by. In little more than a month he would be going back home, to the city. And even though a part of him craved it – the city environment, his comfortable rich life, his old habits and hobbies -, part of him also didn't want to leave. He felt delusional for thinking that way, but the truth was he was getting used to life at the farm. He enjoyed spending time with Savannah, and Jacob was a lot warmer than his own father. Being away from his father, from the mess of the city... It did feel kind of good. And he couldn't help but feel like once he went back to the city, his reputation would make him go back to his old self. And he had to admit that being his old self was tiring. Fighting with his father and teachers, spending nights out in toxic environments, getting in trouble and even running away from the police. He was getting sick of all of it. There in the farm, he didn't have to worry with any of that. He started with a blank page, there was no reputation to live up for. He could just live calmly and peacefully, and enjoy one day at a time. And he didn't know if he was ready to lose that.

Romeo was thinking too much, and thinking too much made him want a cigarette, which he didn't have anymore. Damn it, he should have hidden some from Savannah for emergencies like these, but he was so happy to have her back as a friend he didn't even think of that. Now he didn't have Savannah nor his cigarettes. He just hoped she would tame that horse as soon as possible so she could give him more attention again, but he knew taming a horse was very long process.

The blonde entered the stables to say hello to Jupiter. All the horses were out in the pastures, but Jupiter had to stay inside due to a minor lesion it made in his leg while trying to jump a fence. The veterinarian had already checked on him and said it wasn't anything serious, but it would need some ointment and to stay inside for a week or so.

Romeo ended up liking that horse a lot. It had a very positive influence in him, it calmed him down and made him focus on what truly matter. He never thought an animal could do that, but horses were such sensitive and bonding creatures he couldn't avoid it. Just looking into Jupiter's big black eyes, so dark Romeo could see his own reflection, calmed his soul. The male now understood why Savannah enjoyed spending her time at the stables so much.

The blonde smiled at the horse and reached his hand out to pet Jupiter's muzzle. He was admiring the beauty of the horse when he saw Savannah's voice. It was very quiet, almost inaudible, but he could hear she was singing some kind of lullaby to the horse. Not resisting his curiosity, Romeo slowly and quietly approached the door that led to the horse's individual stable and peeked in.

Savannah was standing in front of the horse's cage, reaching her hand out as she quietly sang. The horse seemed pretty calm and just stared at her while she did so, not flinching or walking back. Savannah's hand touched the horse's muzzle and the girl stepped a little closer as she started petting the horse, who just let her do so in silence. Savannah continued singing. Romeo knew he had heard that song somewhere before, but couldn't exactly remember where.