Chapter Seven

It was finally Sunday, and all Romeo could think about was the fact he would be going somewhere new Savannah. She told him not to think too much about it since it was nothing special, but he couldn't help himself. Life at the farm was so repetitive, everything had a pattern, that any change was thrilling for him.

"Let's get going, then?" Savannah asked after they finished cleaning the kitchen.

Romeo smiled and nodded. He hesitated for a moment, and then decided to ask her something he'd been wanting to for a long time. "Could you bring your guitar?"

The girl raised her eyebrows at him, probably surprised he knew she had one to start with. She didn't remember ever playing it in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you before... On my second night here, I heard you playing while I was taking a walk to clear my mind. I wasn't stalking you or anything, it was just a coincidence." He explained. "And a happy one. You sing really well." He had been waiting for an opportunity to tell her this, like finding her singing again, but it had passed way too much time already and no opportunity showed up so he decided to just say it now.

Savannah smiled a little, almost shyly, but then her smile turned into a smirk. "Well, you would hear me sing more often if you came to church." She responded.

Romeo was surprised. "You sing in church?" The girl nodded. "Well, I'll have to think more about it then." He said. He still had to figure out if Savannah's voice surpassed the boredom of listening to a priest speaking for more than an hour, but it was an incentive.

The redhead sounded pleased with his answer, and Romeo wondered why she wanted so much for him to go to church. "Alright, I'll go get the guitar then." She then said before hurrying up the stairs.

It didn't take long for her to come back, the guitar case on her back. "Let me, I'll take that." It sounded the fair thing to do, since she was only bringing it because of him.

Savannah gave him a look. "Jeez, Romeo, you're making this look like a date. I can handle it." She pointed out before walking out the house.

Romeo sighed and shrugged, following her towards the horse's pastures. There, Savannah got on Epona and Romeo on Cassandra.

"Let's go slowly, please. I'm still not comfortable with riding too fast." Romeo asked, to which Savannah nodded in agreement. She knew the best way to ride was fast, feeling the wind hit your face and play with your hair, but she knew Romeo was still a beginner and didn't want any accidents to happen.

They started riding up the hill in silence, Romeo completely focused on what Savannah had taught him about riding so he didn't make a fool out of himself. This was the first time he was actually riding somewhere, and it felt way more exciting than he ever thought it would.

A few minutes later, Savannah and Epona stopped, and Cassandra stopped next to them. Romeo finally looked around, since he had been too focused to do it on their way, and was amazed with what he saw.

"It's... beautiful." He said very quietly.

They were on the top of a hill. Looking right, down the hill, they saw Savannah's farm: the house, the stables and the animal pastures. They could even see Jacob and Boy sitting on the porch, Jacob reading a newspaper while drinking a beer. Looking left, the view was even more amazing: there was huge lake, the water so clear they could see the bottom of it.

Savannah smiled and nodded, looking at the view. "It is. I always come here when I want to unwind and clear my mind. It's also here I write most of my songs." She told him. "Do you miss the city that much now?" She teased, turning her head at him and raising an eyebrow at him.