Chapter Eleven

It was a Monday afternoon and Savannah had decided to go to town with Romeo. She thought he deserved it, since she hadn't been giving much attention to him lately because of her new job: taming the horse.

She felt bad in spending so little time with Romeo when she was responsible for him, but he wasn't giving her any trouble and was behaving very well and doing work quite properly. When her father first asked her to become responsible for the troublemaker city boy for that summer, Savannah thought she would have a much harder work, but besides the friction between the two of them for the first couple days, everything has been happening quite smoothly. It was almost as if Romeo didn't even have a reason to be there. Except for the mischievous smile and laziness, he wasn't exactly what she first thought of when she heard the word troublemaker.

Her work with the other Romeo – the horse – was going quite smoothly, too. The horse trusted her almost completely now and allowed her to guide him with the rope for a few walks outside, during the morning or night, since it was calmer then. Michael visited every now and then to see how the horse was and get it used to his presence, since eventually it would have to leave Savannah's presence and move back to Michael's farm. It hurt her a little thinking that, but it was always like that, so she was used to it. She felt a little bad, after all the horse was trusting her and she would betray it by giving it back to Michael and let his father sell it. However, that was just the way things were, and there was nothing she could do about it. She loved taming and creating bonds with the horses, and her family needed the money they got from it.

"So, where do you want to go first?" Savannah asked as they hopped off her father's truck, smiling at Romeo. She loved visiting town, since she got to see her friends, which was basically everyone in town.

"Could we maybe go to the café we went the last time? That cake was really good!" Romeo replied with another smile. He seemed pleased to be in town as well, but that was probably because it meant he wouldn't be cleaning the house that day. Savannah knew cleaning the house was Romeo's most disliked chore.

The redhead nodded and started making her way to the café, Romeo following her.

"Father Charles was very happy to see you back in church yesterday." Savannah commented with a smile. The priest was a very friendly and warm individual who loved seeing people taking interest in his speeches and inviting new people to his church. The female loved the fact Romeo started going to church, too, since she felt like it would help Romeo a lot. She hoped he would find meaning in Father Charles' words and find a way to calm the fire within his soul.

"I'm glad. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be." Romeo admitted. "I mean, I still don't believe in God, but the priest says some pretty interesting things." He quickly added.

Savannah nodded. It was good that he heard to what Father Charles had to say, but she hoped one day Romeo would stop the possibility of a greater entity looking after Earth and everyone who lives in it. It made things so easy, it gave meaning to life. It must be so hard and depressing, not believing in anything at all...

"Oh, do you mind if we stop here before the café?" Savannah asked as she stopped in front of a book shop. She needed to buy some new books, since she had already read all the ones she had. The girl was an avid reader; it was one of her favorite hobbies even though she didn't really have much free time.

Romeo shrugged, his hands stuffed inside his jeans pockets. "Sure." He replied as he followed her inside the shop.

Savannah greeted the book shop owner with a nod and a smile. "Do you like reading, Romeo?" She asked, to make conversation.