Chapter Nine

"Alright, Romeo, you know the deal. We'll be back by lunch time, try not to do anything stupid until then..." Jacob was saying as he and Savannah made their way to the door on the next Sunday morning.

"Actually..." Romeo interrupted, rubbing the back of his head. "I was wondering if I could go with you today?" He asked.

Jacob smiled and nodded. "Of course, son. There's always place for one more at the church." He replied.

The blonde smiled and nodded, and looked at Savannah, who had a small smile on her face. It was obvious she was happy he was going with them. After all she had insisted so much for him to do so. To be honest, Romeo didn't really think he would enjoy church at all. He had had the experience when he was a child and despised it. It was boring and self-deprecating. However, he wanted to hear Savannah singing, and if he went and didn't like it, Savannah couldn't say he hadn't even made an effort. Also, he wanted to leave the farm for a while and see other people.

The three left the house and got in the truck, Romeo in the back just like last time. Savannah turned on the radio and sang along to it, her father joining her every now and then.

Like every Sunday, Savannah looked more neat and formal, wearing a light green skater dress with short sleeves that made her green eyes pop and actual shoes instead of being barefoot or wearing boots. Her long red hair was tied in a Dutch braid. She wasn't wearing any makeup, and Romeo had the feeling she didn't even own makeup products or know how to use them. She still looked beautiful. Romeo thought Savannah was the kind of person who looked better without makeup, since her whole look was so natural and real.

Romeo himself was wearing the best jeans he had brought to the farm, a white shirt and a denim jacket. He felt like a goodie-two-shoes but he felt like it was the right thing to wear at the place where they were going.

Minutes later Jacob was parking the truck near the church. Savannah had already showed Romeo the outside of the church during their tour, but now it was filled with people waiting outside. As they got off the truck, Romeo could spot Michael and Johanna in the crowd. Savannah did, too, since she quickly ran towards them and greeted them with a hug.

Romeo followed Savannah, his hands stuffed in his jeans' pockets, and greeted the girl's friends with a nod and a smile. Johanna immediately blushed, she was obviously mesmerized by his looks, which he was used to.

"So, how's my dad's horse?" Michael asked Savannah.

The girl smiled. "He's good. I'm still working on gaining his trust, I don't want to ruin everything by moving too fast." She explained, and Romeo could confirm it. During the past few days Savannah would spend a lot of time alone with the horse. She didn't even ride Epona or give him riding lessons, she was completely focused on the mission of taming the horse. Romeo was actually extremely curious to see the final result. He had seen the state the horse had arrived; he was completely wild. Could Savannah really tame such a horse? If yes, she was really talented. More than talented, magical. Only good people had such a positive effect on animals, and Romeo had no doubts Savannah was a good and cute person, despite her sassiness and feistiness every now and then. He could see it now, and adored her for that.

"Yes, of course, take your time. What matters is the final result. My father trusts you." Michael assured with a smile. "I'll visit when he's a little less startled."

The redhead nodded. "Yes, that's the best thing to do. I don't want to break his trust for now, I'm the only person who sees him for now. I'll let you know when we make progress. I managed to pet him on the muzzle today while feeding him." She commented proudly, making Michael smile.