Chapter Three

After Savannah sent him away, Romeo didn't really know what to do. It wasn't as if he had the Internet or any kind of technology to distract himself, like he was used to, so he decided to just wander around the farm, hoping it would help him organize his mind and feelings.

Romeo didn't belong there. He knew it, his father knew it, Savannah knew it. So what was he doing so far from home? Well, it wasn't as if he could exactly call his house in the city a home. It was just a place he slept in. There was no warmness or coziness associated with it. But the city was his house. Just like that farm was all Savannah knew, the city was all there was there for Romeo. He loved the tall buildings penetrating the sky, the night lights, the traffic noise. He loved smoking a cigarette on a rooftop while watching the busy streets, getting lost in the alleyways, the claustrophobic feeling while crossing a busy street, surrounded by busy people in a hurry. It was who he was. And there was none of that there in the country. Just trees and birds.

Wasn't there a way out of there? It became pretty obvious his plan of annoying Savannah until she begged her father to make him go was impossible to continue, since Savannah was the one making his life a living hell. Actually, he never even started the plan. Savannah anticipated him, and now he was so annoyed and irritated he wanted to leave now, not wait a few weeks like he would have to if he waited until Savannah couldn't take him anymore. Would he really have to stay there for two months?

When he felt he was far away enough from Savannah or her father, Romeo sat under a big tree and picked a cigarette. He lit up and took a deep breath of it, feeling the cancerous smoke filling his lungs, and then watching it come out of his mouth. Smoking was probably the most effective way for Romeo to relieve his stress and anxiety. It was a bad habit, he knew it, but he didn't really want to die old, so it didn't matter.

As he smoked, Romeo couldn't help but think about Savannah. That girl... She was impossible to deal with! Why did she hate him so much? It felt like her ultimate goal was to make him feel even more like shit than he already did. It was all proof that looks meant nothing. On the outside, she looked like a harmless, adorable sweet girl, put she's proved otherwise. She was annoying, reckless, bossy and thought she was always right. And hell, didn't that annoy him. He couldn't believe he would have to spend his whole summer with her. Worse: he would have to spend his whole summer obeying her. Hell, didn't he hate his father. This was all his fault.

Even after he finished his cigarette, Romeo stayed under the tree for a little longer, even fell asleep. He woke up an hour later, fortunately still on time for lunch. Just thinking he would have to see Savannah's sulked face made him noxious.

The blonde made his way back to the house and walked inside. It already smelled great. He found Jacob by the stove, and Savannah putting on the table. Boy was there, too, laying on the floor next to the table.

"Hey, Romeo! You arrived just on time, lunch is about to be served. Take a seat." Jacob greeted him with his usual smile. Savannah didn't even look at him, which for some reason made Romeo even angrier.

Romeo had no idea if Savannah had told her father what happened at the cowshed, but he doubted it. He didn't believe Jacob would support her doing those kinds of things. He looked like a very correct man.

Lunch was even more awkward than dinner last night. The tension between Savannah and Romeo was obvious, but fortunately her father didn't mention it. He probably already knew something like this would happen, since the two of them were basically like ice and fire. They weren't compatible. However, despite knowing that, he still put them together. Why was that?