Chapter Eighteen

"What if we go for a ride instead this afternoon? Your riding has improved a lot and Jupiter likes you, I think you're ready to ride further the top of the hill." Savannah suggested after lunch.

She was starting to feel the date of their goodbye become more and more threatening. They had less than a month left together, before Romeo went back to the city and they both moved on with their lives. Savannah wasn't willing to try and keep a long distance relationship, it didn't make sense for her and she didn't want to ask Romeo something like that. It would be best for the two of them if their relationship ended well and they had a proper goodbye. That would avoid a lot of suffering and complications for the both of them. For that reason, she wanted to enjoy the time she had left with the boy as much as possible. If only they wouldn't have been so stupid and blind, they would have had more time... It didn't really matter now, at least they were together now.

Romeo's eyes lit up. "I adore that idea!" He replied, feeling exactly the same as Savannah did. Even though he tried to push the thought of him going back to the city, it kept hunting him like an evil ghost. Who would have thought Romeo wouldn't want to leave the countryside, the hard work and the lack of technologies? Who would have guessed he would end up actually loving every bit of it, feel freer and like he belonged?

Savannah smiled and nodded. "Great! Let's go get the horses then." She said as they finished cleaning the kitchen. Her father had already left to sell the crops, like usual, which meant they were alone in the farm.

They found Epona and Jupiter and got on them. "Alright, let's go this way." Savannah said as she started riding, Romeo following immediately behind.

They weren't riding fast, after all they weren't in a hurry and that way could enjoy their time together better. As they rode, they talked about everything except Romeo leaving. They both wanted to ignore that fact and deal with it when the time came; why suffer in anticipation?

Getting to know each other better was their knew favorite hobbie. No matter how simple or small the detail was, such as their favorite color, smells that made them feel at home or the place they wanted to visit the most, they each absorbed every knew information about each other like a sponge. And yet, both of them felt like there were so many more things to learn. Especially Savannah. She couldn't help but feel she would never fully know and comprehend Romeo unless she saw him in his natural habitat, which was the city. No matter how much Romeo told her he loved staying at the farm and how much of a better person he was there by her side, she knew environment changed a person. Not completely, it wasn't as if she thought he would go back to the person he used to be when he went back to the city (even though she didn't even know what kind of person that was, since Romeo refused to talk about his past, claiming it didn't matter since it wasn't who he was anymore), but a little. And she wanted to see who Romeo was behind the peacefulness of the countryside; who he was when he went back to his house, to his family and friends, to his problems and normal daily life. She didn't believe that would ever happen, though.

They arrived at the top of the hill, but instead of stopping by the big old tree as usual, Savannah contorted the lake, her and Epona's figure reflecting in the clear water. Romeo followed her, his reflection joining hers. He looked around at the view from up there and a small smile made its way to his face. It was so beautiful.

"So where are we going?" He asked, not knowing what there was beyond the lake.

Savannah shrugged. "Wherever." She simply replied.

Romeo smiled at her and nodded. "Wherever. I like that." He replied, making Savannah smile as well.

They continued slowly riding until they completely contorted the large lake. Romeo looked back at where they came from, the tree on the top of the hill where so many things happened between the two of them.