Chapter 3: Dinner and A Movie

I woke up to the song 'Bulletproof Love' by Pierce the Veil. This song is freaking amaze balls! Not to mention its also my mother's ringtone.... my mom! I quickly jumped up and found my phone.

"Hey Ma..."

"Oh hey Ry, I thought I would just call and see WHERE YOU ARE!"

"I'm at Aspen's new house....I've been helping unpack..."

I may have left out the part where I skipped school and fell asleep.

"So you thought that was a good enough reason to skip school?"

"Maybe....."

It was silent for a few minutes until she started laughing through the phone. Phew! She's not actually mad.

"Well I'm going to assume that you are gonna sleep over. Why don't you two come over now for dinner and you can get a few things before you go."

I told her we would be there soon and that I would be going to school tomorrow. Before I hung up I heard her call to me.

"Oh! And Ryder..."

"Yeah?..."

"You're doing ALL the dishes for the next week."

I groaned while she laughed before hanging up. I HATE DOING THE DISHES! My hands get all pruney. I went back over to the bed and saw that Aspen was still asleep, he's such a heavy sleeper.

I suddenly got a brilliant idea to wake the lazy ass up! I quietly crept over to his head and put my phone by his ear while 'Perfect Weapon' by Black Veil Brides literally screamed into it.

He sat straight up, putting his hand on his chest while gasping. I couldn't help but laugh like a fucking hyena at the sight of him.

"You'd better have a fabulous reason as to why you just tried to break my fucking ear drum!"

"Oh but I do! My mom called and told us to come over for dinner. You let me fall asleep! We should have been unpacking."

"I was tired, leave me alone. And besides, its not like I forced you to lay back and take a snooze."

"Shut up..."

He simply laughed as we put our shoes on and got into his car. I really want my own car, it would beat walking everywhere. On the drive to my house I told him about the phone call and how I now had to do dishes.

As soon as we pulled into the drive way my mom was standing at the door waiting for us, pretending to be mad. Though only I knew that she wasn't.

We got out and waked up the front steps and followed her into the house. As soon as the door closed she turned to Aspen and glared.

"What were you thinking taking her away from school?!"

Aspen quickly glanced at me as if to ask for help. I merely shook my head and he turned back to her. My mother was the only woman he was scared of.

"I know school was important but I just HAD to show her my new house. Speaking of which, you should come see it some time. The kitchen is real nice."

She smiled at him and agreed. He knew her weakness was cooking. My mom loved to cook and bake. I honestly should be like 500 lbs by now!

It used to be a little different though. My father was an alcoholic and would come home everyday piss ass drunk since I was about 10 years old. He would come home and expect the house to be spotless and dinner to be ready and on the table for when he got home.

If it wasn't to his liking he wouldn't eat the food or he would even throw it all over the place. That was on good days. On bad days he would beat her and then he would hit and blame me because she 'was probably busy looking after my sorry ass'.

On the worst night I had finally had enough. He had done the usual beating but then when he didn't stop and grabbed a knife, he began heading towards my mother.

I being only 14 at the time did the first thing I could think of. I quickly grabbed one of the heavy serving plates and smashed him in the head with it. Normally it wouldn't have knocked him out but with the help of the alcohol it did.

We called the police and soon after he was arrested and sent to jail. No charges were pressed on me or my mom since it was all in self defense.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts. Things were better now. She likes cooking and cleaning now. She even told me it's because she knows I appreciate it.

After dinner I packed some clothes and a few other things like makeup. On the drive back to Aspen's I found myself memorizing the way to get there. I knew I would be coming here a lot.

Once we got in I went to shower and change into my PJ's while he set up the TV so we could watch a movie.  After my shower I put on my Batman shorts and a black tank top. Aspen has already seen my scars so I don't have to cover them like I usually do.

I've been cutting since I was 15. I kept it hidden from him for a year until he grabbed my wrist and saw me wince because of the slight pain. 

I walked back into the living room and saw that he had managed to set up the TV and make snacks when I was gone. I sat down and started to munch on the popcorn while he went to take his shower.

I looked up to ask him what movie he wanted to watch and saw that he was only wearing his black and blue pajama pants. I blushed and quickly covered my eyes.

"Where are your clothes man?!"

He chuckled before coming over and plopping next to me. I blushed a little harder but was thankful my hands were covering it. I've had a crush on him for the last year.

"It's hot in here and I don't want to put a shirt on, and neither did you. Besides you've seen my scars and I've seen yours."

I took my hands off of my face and looked down at what I was wearing. The shorts were on the shorter side and the tank top was a spaghetti strap. How did I not realize I was dressed like this?

"Yeah whatever... ANYWAYS. What movie are we watching?"

"Wanna watch School of Rock?"

"Omg yes!"

I ended up falling asleep half way through the movie, leaning on Aspen's incredibly warm shoulder.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

A/N

Longest chapter so far! Hope you guys like it and always remember to comment, vote and READ READ READ!

                             -Ash