Chapter 4 - Don't let go

Midoriya's POV:

I was constantly speaking, making sure that Todoroki had a voice to follow, but that also caused him to walk just a little bit behind me and that for some reason bothered me a bit, not being able to look at him while speaking to him, it was also rarely that I got a response from him. If I slowed down for him to catch up to me he would slow down too, so that didn't help. I know the reason that he's walking behind me is that's it's easier to follow something in front of you, but still.

"What do you plan to do now?" I asked and looked back at him. As much as it annoys me that we can't just walk side by side, I do enjoy having him around and it makes it worth it. 

"I'm not sure, I should probably visit my old man before heading back to the dorms..." Todoroki said with a voice that told me that that was the last thing he wanted to do. 

"... Is that something you have to do right now?" I asked as I stopped walking, causing Todoroki to bump into me, startling both of us a bit. I turned around and looked up at him with a smile. Of course, I knew he couldn't see it, but why should that stop me? Todoroki looked at me with confusion clouding his already cloudy eyes.

"I guess I don't have to do it right now, but what else should I do?" Todoroki asked and looked down at me, awaiting my response. I opened my mouth to say something, but regretted it instantly as I went silent. "Midoriya? Are you walking?" Todoroki asked as he probably thought I had started walking without talking, so he was being left behind.

"No no, I'm right here." I said and put my hand on his shoulder so he knew exactly where I am compared to himself. "... We could just go for a walk together here in the city?" I suggested, trying to come up with something, anything, to make our time together last longer. Todoroki just smiled a bit and closed his eyes, head facing down at me. 

"Sounds delightful Midoriya, I would enjoy that." He then said as my smile grew a bit as we then began walking again.

"I'm glad, I enjoy it too. Thought you didn't want to go home to your father so soon, so this seemed like a better option..." I said as I constantly looked back at Todoroki to make sure he was still following me. He was, and his expression seemed rather content with this whole situation. He has seemed so peaceful today in spite of getting the results. His relaxed features made me strangely relaxed as well, not that I'm complaining in any way, it's nice just walking around with him like this. 

Todoroki's POV:

Midoriya had begun to walk again as I quickly followed the sound of his voice to the best of my abilities, but it's much harder than it looks. It takes so much concentration to listen to his voice for guidance that I don't get to think of any replies as to what he's saying. There has to be a better way to do this...

I, of course, did my best to just be content with it and follow, though I wish I could walk beside him. But if I do that I become uncertain of where to go and automatically slows down and ends up walking behind him again. I then noticed something, he stopped talking. 

"Midoriya?" I asked and turned my head in forward to the direction I had last heard him. He didn't answer. Everything around me is completely black and all I can hear right now is the sound of traffic and other people walking by. "Midoriya?" I tried again, speaking a little louder than before as I listened intensely, but still no answer. Did we get separated..?! I thought and turned my head a bit to the right. Suddenly I felt someone harshly bump into my shoulder with theirs as I was knocked off my balance and stumbled a few steps to the side.

"Whoops! Sorry!" I heard an adult male voice apologize as I could hear the person continuing to walk away. I just raised my hand, gesturing that it didn't matter and shrugged it off. Okay, let me go over my situation. Midoriya and I have been separated, everything is pitch black and I have absolutely no idea where I am.