Chapter 20 - I'm Here

Todoroki's POV:

It's too bright... Where is that light coming from? What happened to me..? I thought and felt immense pain in my back and head. I was on the ground, but I couldn't remember how I ended up here. I slowly sat up, just in time to see the bright red flames rushing towards me. 

"S-Shit..!" I spat out and tried to stand up, but my back was messed up. That's when I realized that something was in between me and the flames, no, someone was there. Midoriya..?! I thought as I watched him, he just stood there, didn't try to dodge or counterattack.

"IZUKU!! MOVE--!" I screamed at him, but before my words had the chance to reach him, he was gone. Completely swallowed up by the flames. I couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't think. 

The flames stopped just before they could reach me thanks to Midoriya blocking for me. The flames then vanished, granting me a new view, a view I never wanted to see. 

Midoriya's body was trembling as he struggled to keep standing, and he couldn't. He fell to the ground with a loud thud, his head hitting the floor hard, making my heart stop and eyes tear up. He was covered in burns and blood, smoke slowly coming off of his body.

"I-Izuku..!!" I called out to him, but it was no use. He's out cold... I thought, feeling even more worried as I forced myself to get up. He was burned... He needs help... I have to help him..! I thought and started limping in his direction.

"Hold it right there!" Endeavor yelled at me as I didn't even see him get over here, but he was. He quickly grabbed me from behind as he lifted up a bit, instantly restraining me. 

"Let me go you bastard!!" I screamed furiously at him, letting my left side explode with fire, but my flames didn't seem to bother him at all. I tried to kick him and struggled with all my might to get free, but my back was messed up, and I couldn't keep this up for long.

"Shut up and use your brain Shouto!" Endeavor then ordered as I stopped moving, but kept trying to burn him, "If you try to freeze those burns they'll turn into frost burns, like the one your mother gave you.". 

"B-But I need to do something... Izuku he--"

"--Made a stupid move! He should've dodged it, he could easily have done so, but he didn't!" Endeavor cut me off, sounding just as angry as always.

"BECAUSE HE TRIED TO PROTECT ME FROM YOU!" I yelled back as my tears fell one after the other, making it hard to see. I was worried, I was angry, I was scared of what would happen next. Will he be alright? I need to do something, anything..!

My back suddenly ached even more than before, it felt as if a giant piece of glass was piercing me, but there was nothing there. The pain forced me to stop fighting against him, my body numb as I fell into guilt and despair. 

What Endeavor said was true, and I hate to admit it, but if he hadn't stopped me, I would've used my ice on Midoriya, making exactly the same mistake my mom had with me. 

"... Put me down..." I then asked with a quiet voice, my eyes glued to Midoriya. Every second that passed with him unconscious on the ground like that, made my heart shatter even more but I don't know what to do. 

"... Please father..." I said and felt him tense up, probably surprised as I don't normally talk to him like that. I felt helpless and annoyed that I have to beg for anything from him, "Please... Just let me hold him..." I mumbled quietly.

"No. I told you that I don't wanna see--"

"Please!" I cut him off, voice raised a little, catching him off guard somehow as he finally shut his damn mouth. I then felt my feet making contact with the floor again as he hesitantly released me.