Chapter 17 - Unfair Love

Todoroki's POV: 

"Todoroki~" Midoriya whispered innocently as he sat on my desk, looking at me with those big, beautiful eyes of his. He smiled as I looked at him and waved at me to come closer with his index finger. 

"Yes, Midoriya?" I said as I got up from my bed and walked over to him, placing my hand on his thigh and slowly running it up to his waist. Midoriya squirmed a bit, but didn't move his gaze from mine for even a second. He then slowly leaned closer until his lips were right beside my left ear.

"I love you~" He whispered in his sweet, Midoriya-like way as he then gently bit my earlobe, sending a small wave of pleasure through me, "you know that, right?" he asked and moved back just enough for our gazes to meet again, a gentle smile on his lips. 

"Yes, I know. I love you too Izuku." I said as calmly as I could and placed both my hands on his hips, pulling him to the edge of the desk and closer to me. He was playing with me and damn was he already winning. 

"Then why..?" He asked, his tone suddenly a lot darker and sadder. I stopped and moved back a bit, studying his confused expression. 

"Why what?" I asked as tears suddenly started filling his eyes to the point where he had to blink several times to be able to see anything. Worry immediately filled my chest as I reached out and wiped his tears carefully. 

"Why did you let this happen? How could you..?" He asked as the tears wouldn't stop coming. I didn't get it at first, why was he suddenly so sad? He seemed to be in a lot of pain. I backed away a bit and that's when I noticed it. 

His hands were covered in thick, crimson blood. Everything around us went pitch black the moment I saw it, leaving only him, me and the desk he was sitting on. Something's not right here... 

"I-Izuku... You're bleeding... What happened..!?" I asked, starting to feel panicked, knowing that I have to do something, but unable to move. 

"H-How could you do this to me... T-Todoroki..?" He asked almost emotionlessly, but his voice still shaking. I looked from his bloody hands and back up at his face, feeling my heart stop and shatter at the sight. 

His eyes were dead, no life or joy to be seen anywhere as if they had been turned into a dark, emotionless abyss. He was no longer crying tears of water, but tears of blood. His skin was pale and body trembling ever so slightly. He didn't look directly at me anymore, more like he was looking at something far behind me. 

"... T-This... This is your fault..." He muttered as his body suddenly went limp and he fell off the desk, his head hitting the floor with a loud thud. 

"IZUKU!!" I screamed and found myself finally able to move as I rushed towards him, but stumbled as I felt the floor disappear under my feet. I quickly reached out to grab him, but all I saw was a grey, blurry silhouette, that once had been him, before everything went black. 

Midoriya's POV:

"IZUKU!!"

"W-WAAAHHHH!!!?!?!" I screamed terrified as I jolted awake and shot up in the bed, looking around me feeling my heart racing with fear. My gaze quickly landed on Todoroki to my left, as I realized it had been him who had screamed out my name. 

He was sweating a lot, his eyebrows furrowed and eyes shut tightly. He was gripping the sheets under him tightly, as if scared to let go, and twisted his head from side to side. 

"Shouto..." I said as I calmed myself down a bit, he was having a nightmare again. Nightmares were nothing new to either of us, but I had never seen him like this. He didn't react at all to my voice, so I gently placed my hand on his arm and was about to try and call out to him again, when he suddenly decided to jolt awake even more violent than I had.