Chapter 8 - Fire Part 2

Todoroki's POV:

It's unbearably hot in here by now, I'm not quite sure where I am, but I am sure that I'm alone. Midoriya is getting help... I just gotta wait a bit longer. I thought to myself as I listened to the only sound except my own heavy breathing, the sound of something burning. I know that sound all too well thanks to my father's anger issues and therefore know that my flames had made contact with something, but I don't know what. 

I tried to calm down a bit as I sat down on the floor and took a deep breath. If I could just... See... I thought and clenched my fists frustrated as I closed my eyes. The heat in here by now was almost unbearable, but I can't afford the risk to move out of here because I might set something aflame if I move around too much. 

I then suddenly heard screaming and running from further down in the hallways as I widened my eyes in surprise and snapped my head in the direction of the screams. What's going on? Did I accidentally set something aflame even though I'm not--

"Get out there! The hallway is burning up!" A girl screamed at me, answering all my questions as it was now one hundred percent clear to me that I had set my surroundings aflame. How bad is it? Should I use my ice to turn out the flames!? I thought and took a few steps to the right, trying to distance myself from where I guessed the flames had invested themselves. But what if I lose control of my ice as well and freezes everyone so they can't escape the already burning fire!? I can't control it..! 

I tried to stop myself from using my quirk as I felt my stamina begin to drop drastically as well from using both sides so much in such a short amount of time. I feel tired... I quickly shook my head at the thought as I moved my right hand up to covers my eyes again as my eyes began to hurt again. Every time I try to stop my quirk it feels like it gets worse and my eyes begin to sting... I thought and just listened closely, I could hear the fire slowly spreading all around me, but there was nothing I could do. 

Midoriya's POV:

I was running in front as I was leading the way to where I left Todoroki, he said that he would wait there... I thought to myself, hoping that he wouldn't have left for some unknown reason. 

"Midoriya!" Mr. Aizawa suddenly called out to me as my arm was suddenly wrapped tightly in his scarf. He then pulled on his scarf, forcing me to stop running and instead stumble back towards him and Midnight. A loud thud was then heard just behind me as I turned my head to see that some of the burning ceilings had fallen down. 

"You need to be more careful..." Mr. Aizawa sighed as he gestured for me to look around and freed my arm from his scarf. That would have crushed me if Mr. Aizawa hadn't... I quickly shook the thought away and nodded my head. 

"Right..!" I said turning around as we set off again, "... We're almost there!" I informed them as they both just hummed in acknowledgment from my statement. There's a lot more smoke here than before and it was becoming hard to breathe. The walls, ceiling, and floor all had burn marks as the fire from Todoroki's quirk was destroying everything it touched.  

"We're here!" I exclaimed as I turned the corner and stood face to face with the door I had previously run out of to get help. All the black smoke was coming from in here as it leaked out of the small openings in the doorframe. Mr. Aizawa then stepped in front of me and opened the door before I got the chance to do so myself. 

"Stay back..!" Midnight coughed as all the smoke from inside the hallway seemed to stream right out at us, causing all three of us to cover up our mouth and nose, trying to avoid breathing it in. Too much smoke will eventually become very toxic and it will become very hard to breathe... I thought as the smoke cleared a bit and Mr. Aizawa signed for us to move.