Chapter 15 - Helpless

Jirou's POV:

Hagakure, Sero, Shouji, Ashido, Kirishima, Bakugou and I had all helped Todoroki and Midoriya to get to the infirmary. Bakugou, of course, had left immediately after asking his questions. I was still in shock about this all, it was just so... Unexpected... I thought and looked down at my hands that had been covered in Midoriya's blood not too long ago. 

I felt helpless and useless right now, they were in desperate need of help and all I could do was just stand there and hold Todoroki's hand. Yes, I did run over to help Todoroki carry Midoriya, but I wasn't able to do anything else than that..! And I'm supposed to be a hero in training!? I can't even help my friends when they need me the most! I thought and looked frustrated off to the side, my gaze immediately landing on Todoroki. 

He had been silent for so long now, but to be fair, we all had. No one seemed to know what to say or do right now, Todoroki is usually the calmest and most collected person in the entire class! But just before he had been acting like a terrified child, lost from his parents in some kind of accident. Now he was sitting on the floor against the wall with his legs curled up under him, eyes closed and clothes bloodstained.

"... I texted the others so they know what's going on and won't get worried about our whereabouts..." Ashido said quietly from beside me as some of us gave small hums of acknowledgment. Hagakure seemed to be sleeping against Ashido's shoulder, and I honestly didn't blame her. It had gotten really late, but the doctor from before still hadn't come out to update us on Midoriya. 

"... I think we should head back to the dorm..." Sero then suggested as he earned the attention from most of us, "I mean, we have done everything we can for now and we have classes tomorrow... I don't want Mr. Aizawa to expel all of us for sleeping in class haha..." Sero laughed halfheartedly as he tried to brighten up the depressing, gloomy mood that was hanging around everyone's heads. 

"Y-Yeah, you're right! Hey, wake up sunshine..! We're going back to the dorm now..." Ashido said, smiling as cheerfully as she could as she tried to help Sero bring the mood up while waking Hagakure from her slumber. A tired groan could then be heard from Hagakure.

"... Anything new on Midoriya...?" Hagakure mumbled tiredly, but her concern could clearly be heard in her voice. I slowly shook my head as I looked down at the floor again. 

"We need to find whoever did this..." Kirishima suddenly spoke up from beside Todoroki and this already felt awfully familiar. I nervously looked over at Todoroki again, but he wasn't saying or reacting to anything. 

"... Agreed." Shouji said determined and nodded at Kirishima as I snapped my head to him, what are they thinking!? 

"... Listen... I know how you guys feel, and I feel precisely the same way... But maybe now-" I said and nodded my head towards Todoroki as they both followed my gaze, "-isn't the best time to discuss this..." I said and stood up from the floor, carefully brushing the dirt off my clothing. Kirishima and Shouji hesitated, but slowly nodded their heads, agreeing with me, but keeping their gazes low. 

Everyone had turned their gazes onto Todoroki by now, none of us really sure about what to do in this situation. We all know how close they are, it's not like they try to hide it. At all. 

"... You guys go on, we'll be there in a bit." I said and smiled confidently at all the others and gave them a thumbs up. Everyone looked at each other shortly before nodding and leaving Todoroki and me alone in the hallway. 

The truth is that I'm not confident in any way right now, my hands and legs are shaking and I'm not sure what to do right now, but I hesitantly walked over to Todoroki and carefully kneeled down in front of him.