Chapter 5 - The Todoroki Household

Midoriya's POV:

"... We're here, your house..." I said and looked at Todoroki to see his expression go from surprise to sadness and then to completely monotone as he just nodded. I squeezed his hand a bit and smiled softly at him as he took a deep breath, probably mentally preparing himself to go in there and tell his father that he's blind. Endeavor will probably be furious as he still sees Todoroki as his 'best candidate' to beat All Might and to get the title as the number 1 hero, but it has to be done... And I will help Todoroki do it if that's what he needs!  

"Can I come with you?" I asked determined before Todoroki got the chance to say anything else as he looked at me surprised and thought for a moment. 

"I'm sure nothing will happen by him coming with me..." Todoroki muttered to himself as I almost couldn't hear but somehow managed to make out enough words to put together that sentence. "Okay, you can come with me, just... Don't let the old man get to you, okay?" Todoroki said a lot clearer as I just hummed an okay in response and we walked up to the front door. 

Todoroki then quickly took another deep breath as he reached his hand forward, grabbing the doorknob and opening the door silently. We walked inside without saying anything, almost as if Todoroki was trying not to get spotted by anyone, but his efforts were in vain. 

I turned my head to see a young woman with mostly white hair, with the exception of a few strands here and there which was colored red. She had a pair of glasses placed firmly on her nose and was holding a book as she smiled a warm smile to me and Todoroki. I smiled back at her right away and bowed my head slightly. She must be Todoroki's older sister... I thought as she looked from me to Todoroki. 

"Shouto, welcome home!" She whisper-yelled happily as she walked up to us and spread her arms wide, wanting a hug. As she got closer to us I realized how much taller Todoroki was compared to her, almost a head taller.

"Thank you." Todoroki said in his monotone voice, not approaching her for the hug, but he couldn't see she wanted a hug, after all, so I don't blame him. The woman stopped approaching us when she stood about a meter away, letting her arms fall back to her sides as she turned her head and looked at me. Her eyes widened for a moment as she turned her gaze back to meet Todoroki's as she gave him a questioning stare, but reached her hand forward anyway for me to shake.

"Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you!" I said as I took her hand and shook it. She smiled as her gaze slowly traveled down and landed on my left hand. I followed her gaze to see that Todoroki and I hadn't let go of each other's hands yet. 

"I'm Fuyumi Todoroki, it's nice to meet you too Midoriya." Fuyumi said as she let go of my hand and I was trying to decide whether or not to let go of Todoroki's hand. I loosened my grab on his hand a bit make him aware of it if he wasn't already, then he could make the decision. "Now, how did it go at the hospital? I assume you came home to talk to dad about it." Fuyumi said as Todoroki just nodded shortly as he gently laid go of my hand. My hand immediately got colder as I discretely moved my left hand over to the right and rubbed them together for heat as Fuyumi walked backwards to the stairs and called loudly, "Dad! Shoto is here to talk to you!". 

Loud footsteps were immediately head upstairs accompanied by grumpy muttering as Endeavor appeared at the top of the stairs, looking down at all three of us. He looked like himself, no chance at all and still that hateful expression that seemed to be glued onto his face. He looked at Fuyumi, then Todoroki and last his eyes landed on me as his hateful expression seemed to become even more hating if that was even possible. 

"What is he doing here, Shouto?" Endeavor asked as he walked down the stairs towards us, not taking his eyes off of me for even a second. I was quickly beginning to feel really unwelcome here now as I subconsciously took a small step back at Endeavor's intimidating, hateful glare.