Chapter 18 - The Lions Den

Midoriya's POV:

"I have a little something for the two of you," I mumbled out the last part of Endeavors message for what felt like the millionth time, "... I-I'm sorry Todoroki... But I just can't help but feel uneasy about going to visit him...." I said and looked up at Todoroki with a small, concerned frown. 

We were on our way to check up on Todoroki's sight as scheduled today, but we were heading to Endeavor's Hero Agency immediately after the appointment. 

"Don't apologize, I don't trust this one bit either." Todoroki said with a harsh voice, "Especially not after he hurt you..." He continued as his hold on my hand tightened, his gaze cold and hateful, reminding me a lot of the old Todoroki.

Todoroki's keeping his eyes open more and more often these days. He's been focusing a lot on recovering his sight and he has greatly improved, but he still can't see very well. 

"I'm okay now, but I still won't forgive him.. For what he hired Leiko to do to you..." I said feeling my own anger starting to boil, threatening to overflow. Todoroki noticed this immediately as he quickly calmed himself and gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

"I know..." Todoroki said quietly as he forced a small smile, trying to calm me as well, "I won't forgive them either." He finished as we arrived at the infirmary, just on time. I took a deep breath and smiled quietly again as I then knocked on the door. 

"Come in." Recovery Girls voice could be heard through the door. I then opened the door and we entered and I noticed Recovery Girl was preparing all different kind of tools. My eyes slowly widened as my gaze looked over the metal tools spread across the desk. That looks... Very serious... I thought and instinctively held Todoroki's hand a little tighter again. 

"Izuku..?" Todoroki asked, his voice remaining as calm as it was before, but his foggy gaze staring worriedly at me. 

"It's nothing, I was just a little surprised by some tools on the desk that I haven't seen before..." I said honestly and tore my gaze away from the tools as it landed on Recovery Girl. 

"It'll be quick today, you can just sit on that bed over there and I'll perform the healing." Recovery Girl said as she pointed to the bed to our right. I just nodded and led Todoroki to it as he sat down on it, not letting go of my hand. 

Both of us really missed holding hands when I had just been shot, so now we rarely stop. We're always touching each other in one way or another now, and honestly, I'm still a little shy about it but I relish it much, much more. 

"How are things coming along? Any changes at all since last time?" Recovery Girl then asked as she came closer and we both looked at Todoroki. 

"My sight continues to recover and I can feel small changes from day to day now, where before it was from week to week. I can see silhouettes, but everything is grey-toned, almost in black and white... I've done as you asked last time and worked on keeping my eyes opened as I normally would-"

"Do you feel any pain when you have your eyes opened for longer periods of time? Like you've mentioned in the past?" Recovery Girl politely interrupted as Todoroki thought for a short moment but then shook his head. 

"What about redness? You haven't observed that Midoriya?" Recovery Girl as she picked up a small flashlight and shined it at Todoroki's eyes as she does every time. 

"No, I haven't." I answered and watched as Todoroki's pupils expanded and shrunk in reaction to the light. Recovery Girl nodded a couple of times as she then turned off the flashlight. 

"Good reaction, everything is going in the right direction it seems. You should have your sight back in another week or two." Recovery Girl said as she reached up and moved a bit of Todoroki's hair to the side, kissing his forehead with a loud 'smoooooooooch'. It was then that I realized what she had just said.