16: VAMPIRES

---"He got executed

---
"He got executed." That sentence escaped Jaemin's mouth so easily, even though he's smiling bitterly at Jeno right now.

"Wha- Why?!" Duh, of course, Jeno wants to know.

"For being an idiot." Jaemin cupped Jeno's face.

"He sacrificed himself for his loved one, he sent his lover back to the human world and let himself getting eaten by the monsters."

"Oh God..." Jeno looked down, not wanting to look at Jaemin's eyes.

"Well...i always wanna be like him. He's strong, kind, caring, protective, and a very great brother." Jaemin said with a proud smile.

"I-I'm sorry," Jeno said, frowning.

Looking at the frowning boy, Jaemin forced a smile and gave him a peck on his cheek.

Making the older blushed.

"What are you doing?" Jeno said, obviously liking the feeling.

"Don't feel sorry, Nono. You did nothing wrong."

Jaemin's smile always calms Jeno's heart and it never fails to do so. If only Jeno was brave enough to just hug the younger vampire, Jaemin might have felt better.

But he was too scared. He's scared that he might fall in love with him, he doesn't want Jaemin to be killed. Not because of falling in love and breaking the rule.

Especially if he recalls those bitter glimpse he had before after eating the soul mate ball.

With that, Jeno pushed the younger away from him and stood up from his lap.

"What's wrong Jeno?" The younger asked.

Should he lie?

"I need to check on something. I'll see you later!"

"Wait!Jeno!" Jaemin shouted.

He wanted to chase after the older boy, but then he felt like something is holding him back.

He felt a stinging pain inside his chest.

"It hurts..." He put his hand on his own chest.

"What...is this?"

___

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Jeno shouted while running around the whole dark forest.

The place when he was with Jaemin before was so pretty compared to where he is now.

Dark and quiet.

He forgot that he can't do anything in the vampire world, he's weak when he's alone.

And to make it worse, he felt like someone was following him from behind.