33

When you read and you love it and you go to close the book and you want to re-read the last page over and over so you don't have to.

That feeling is one of the best feelings in the world because

Even just for a moment for felt like a part of something.

It was a world where you belonged.

You were able to escape and

Feel emotions that are hidden in everyday life.

Emotions that are forbidden to be shown in your society for fear that it might not be reciprocated.

Love- that is why it is so scary to say "I love you". You don't know what they are going to say. You don't know if they feel the same way. You are afraid of the aftermath rather than saying the words.

Hate- the other side of the scale. No one wants to ruin a relationship that they have had- whether it has been long term or not.

Sad- no one wants to speak out and tell of their sadness. No one wants to feel like a burden.

Life seems to emphasise on happiness rather than sadness.

So the sadness becomes trapped; waiting to be let out, slowly dragging down the soul in the process.

***

Imagine if we didn't hold back.

Imagine if we could say whatever we wanted without the fear of the aftermath or the repercussions.

Instead of the words dancing on the end of your tongue- they fly freely through the air into the ears of others.

I want to.

I want to say this so much.

I almost do.

Almost.

But a part of me holds back.

One day.

One day I will.

One day I will open my mouth and tell everyone what I feel.

I will not be afraid.

One day.