"You know, Cabello, you're still the best thing I never had."

"Lauren told me that she was holding onto you for a little while there." Camila cast her eyes to side, catching her fellow brunette swinging like a child.

"Yeah, fucking idiot thought she could keep me on a chain." Lucy scoffed, holding Camila's gaze. "I'm glad she let me go though."

"Barely," The younger girl rolled her eyes. "All she paints now is you."

"That's a damn shame, because you are a work of art yourself, Cabello."

"Jesus, you're dead and you're still the biggest seed ball I know."

"It's a talent." The older girl shrugged, smiling softly to herself due to the light conversation.

"Vero's talking to someone, I think that was a good decision on her part. She's not letting herself drown in her grief, you know?" The Cuban began slowly swinging back and forth as well, taking in the beaming sun above their heads and hearing the squeak of the swing set they were perched on. It was nice, it was peaceful...it was so very Lucy. "But I can see it, everything still hurts for her."

"But you've got her back though, right?" Lucy frowned, because the last thing she wanted was for her wife to be suffering with no one beside her. "For me, you've got her?"

"We all do," Camila nodded. "We're all here for her."

"Good," The older girl nodded, a soft sigh of relief blowing through her lips. "I chose a pretty perfect family then." Lucy looked up to the sky and before her eyes it changed, day turned to night and thousands of stars formed an array of glistening lights right above their heads. "You know, Cabello, you're still the best thing I never had."

"Maybe in another life we were endgame," Camila smiled over to her friend, the change of scene familiar to both of them. "Maybe in some distant life, we were soulmates."

"I can believe it," Lucy nodded softly. "We were one hell of a dream team in this one, weren't we?"

"But you're leaving me here on my own to wipe the wounds."

"Come on, Cabello," Lucy tsked, a gentle smile playing on her lips. "You will never be on your own, from the start you had the dream team next to you and it didn't include me until a little later on." The older girl's eyes averted up to the sky and Camila's followed.

And in the stars, Camila saw was Lucy meant. She saw Dinah's face pressed against her own as they laughed together, she saw Normani rolling her eyes with a smirk in place, she saw Ally's smile warm her in a way she hadn't felt since her mother and she saw Lauren's hand holding her own. Her dream team. The people that had been there for her from the start.

"See?" Lucy cocked a brow. "You were never once on your own." And then she reached into her back pocket and she produced her lighter. "Now in all the grief and sadness these last few weeks, your birthday was forgotten again. So," She flicked her thumb and allowed a small flame to jump from the lighter, the warm orange glow shining on their skin. Lucy moved a little closer to her friend before meeting her eyes and watching as tears settled in them. "Make a wish, Cabello."

Camila watched as the flame flickered with life, she could almost feel its heat as she closed her eyes, forcing the tears to travel no other route but down her cheeks. And never had her heart felt more heavy than in that moment.

And she wished she could pause that moment for longer, to have it last forever so she could stay with Lucy, so the older girl didn't have to disappear from her life for good.

"You're still the most selfless person I've ever met, Lucia Vives." Camila whispered, her voice just above a breath. "So I won't hold you here, I won't be selfish." And with a shaky breath, Camila leaned in and blew out the light. "I wish you peace."