If Only In Your Arms (III)

SIX MONTHS LATER

Marquise smiled at Danielle as he watched her laugh carefree at the family dinner they were having with her family. He was blessed and grateful to have her, and he thanked God everyday for her presence in his life.
Ever since he'd opened up to Danielle about how he felt- things had gotten better. He had slowly moved away from drinking liquor to only water, and tonight her was celebrating his 2 months of being completely sober. He also attended therapy- a Christian therapist. A few weeks ago he had given his life over to Christ, and he was happy he did. He knew that he had come a long way.
Danielle, feeling someone looking at her, turned her head and met the deep eyes of the one she loved.
"What?" Danielle asked.
Marquise shrugged. "Just admirning your beauty."
Danielle smiled and blushed as Marquise kissed her hand. They had truly fallen in love.
The dinner continued, and after awhile Danielle's father stood up to make the family announcement.
"Hello family and friends," Mr. Carter began. "Tonight is a very special night. Tonight we celebrate love- and what being a family actually means to all of us. We welcome you all- family and friends." Mr. Carter looked at Marquise and nodded his head at him. Marquise returned the gesture and was thankful that Mr. Carter liked him. He was also thankful that he had become a roll model for him.
Mr. Carter returned to his seat and Marquise stood up. Danielle looked at him with questioning eyes as Marquise pulled her up as well. Clearing his throat, he got everyone's attention.
Once the room was fully silent, Marquise began speaking. "Hello, Carter family. I would just like to say thank you for being my second family. I also thank you for loving me as your own. As you all know I lost my mother three years ago and after that I fell hard. I was drinking and cursing God all at the same time. And during that time I met Danielle." He grabbed her hand and smiled at her. She blushed as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear.
"And she changed my life. She has loved me during my darkest time and for that I couldn't be more grateful. I thank God for her everyday and because I know that He allowed our paths to cross and merge, I would hate for us not to spend a lifetime on this journey together." Marquise stopped. He then dropped down on one knee and Danielle covered her mouth as tears formed in her eyes.
"Would you do the honor of becoming my wife?" He asked. His heart pounded as he waited for her answer. His hands shook lightly as he prayed that she would say....
"Yes. Yes. Yes." Danielle responded. Marquise's eyes lit up and he put the ring on her finger. He stood up and Danielle grabbed his face, kissing him tenderly in front of all of her family and friends.

Several hours later, the newly engaged couple walked along the beach. It was going on 5 in the morning and the July sunrise was slowly coming. They had been up all night and both weren't sleepy at all. Yet, they were both grateful that they didn't have to work the next day.
"Baby, it was so hard asking your father." Marquise confessed as his mind flashed back to the day he asked him for Danielle's hand in marriage.
Danielle giggled. "Oh I bet. I know that he doesn't play about his baby girl Dani." She spoke referring to herself. Her father was a loving man, but he was not when it came to any of his children.
"It went well though." Marquise spoke.
"What did he say?"
"Now that I can't tell you."
Danielle stopped walking and stood in front of her new fiancé. "So you can't tell your future wife?"
Marquise smiled and tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear. "No ma'am, I can't."
Danielle only smiled and Marquise kissed her forehead.
"Baby, I'm sorry that the ring isn't that big." Marquise stated. The ring wasn't flashy at all. It held a sterling silver band and it also held a small diamond in the middle.
"Marquise don't do that. Baby I love it. It's not big and flashy like those other women- but so what? I love it but more importantly I love you." Danielle confessed. She could care less about the ring- she was just happy with her man.
They stopped walking and faced one another. They looked at each other's eyes and Danielle couldn't believe how lucky she was to be love this man. Marquise felt blessed that he was able to find someone like her.
"The only thing I care about is being with you. If only I'm in your arms- everything will be alright." Danielle confessed. Marquise kissed her tenderly.
They were silent as they watched the sun rise, both being grateful to be only in each other's arms.

********************************************

What's up y'all? So this was the last part to Marquise and Danielle. Did you enjoy them? Because I certainly did. Their story is an important one I believe. Y'all comment, vote, and share.

Love,
Malaysia :)